1,891 results
All reviewslazy riverbonefish grillmarina viewthe cottagesnaples baymarilyn sofferfull kitchenhealth clubone bedroom suitepool areatin citywasher dryerboat rentalsshuttle servicetennis courtsmain poolshuttle bus
Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Were there with family of nine. Three kids 14, 10 and 6 and six adults.
Service from front desk to porters/drivers and service staff was impeccable. Helpful with a smile. And distance to pool etc. is no problem at all!
All in all one of the best hotels we stayed in during our round trip in Florida.

• Stayed: August 2012
NBR_Manager, Manager at Naples Bay Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Dear Rtwmedia, Thank you for the great review. It is our intent to always provide our guests with excellent service and hospitality. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I was a little surprised and disappointed when we arrived. If you are 60 or older, this may be the place to stay because it's quiet and relaxing. If you are traveling with your kids you may want something else that has a little more activity. Pools are small and far from the rooms (you have to take a shuttle). We also noticed that a lot of the pool chairs were broken and couldn't be used. The free breakfast that comes with the room is just that. We entered what they call the "Yacht Club" for breakfast with no one to greet us. The person in charge of cooking omelets had nothing but a frown on her face. It clearly seemed like the resort just chose a room, put up some tables, and added some platters of fruit and bagels. A hostess and food server is not part of this meal! That's not a joke! My daughters bathroom shower curtain had black mold and our master bedroom sheets had multiple stains. I would think for a "5 Star" resort our sheets would be stain free or at least not at the top of the bed. The building, rooms and bay are nice, but that's about it. This is more of a condominium building that they are calling a resort. Some of them are for sale and the others you rent like a hotel room.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FamilyTime04
NBR_Manager, Manager at Naples Bay Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear FamilyTime04, Thank you for posting your thoughts about your recent stay at our resort. I apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations concerning your suite. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

The lazy river was very small and had very little current. There was barely room for two intertubes to pass side by side The rooms themelves were ok, but there were ants in the kitchen area as we paid for unit with a full kitchen. Not a place that I would go back to.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Scott C
NBR_Manager, Manager at Naples Bay Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear Scott C, Thank you for your feedback. Your posting will assist us in making improvements to our service. I hope your future plans bring you back to Naples and you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

My family and I recently stayed a week here for $1400. For that amount of money I expect the place to be maintained. Upon check in we were not given a condo where we were promised,the washer didn't work, and even though maintenance tried to fix it, they were never able, knobs pulled out of drawers in the bathroom, towel rack was coming out of the wall, ice maker didn't work, amenities like dish soap and laundry detergent weren't supplied even though we were told it would be before we rented, towels had holes in them, no sponges or dish towels supplied to wash dishes, coffee maker with no filter, and they brought a new one that didn't work and an old broken mop was supplied for us to clean the floor. The over all appearance of the condo was worn and soiled. When I complained and asked to speak to the manager, they gave me $100 credit to use at their resort, and the manager never called. Upon returning home I called the general manager, Philip Starling of Benchmark Management and after two weeks I have never heard from him. My advice, stay in Ft Myers. Less expensive, you can stay on the beach and the businesses are friendlier. This place is not a good place for families unless you're loaded and snobby. Oh by the way, they tell you they have 5 pools, but only one that kids can play in, and then a very small lazy river. The other pools are adult only pools.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. That would be the best room!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Cathead228
NBR_Manager, Manager at Naples Bay Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Dear Cathead228, Thank you for your feedback. Our general manager has sent you a personal message so you can contact him on his direct line. He would like to have a conversation with you to resolve any issues.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

My wife and I just recently returned from a 3-night stay at Naples Bay Resort. We stayed in a 1BR suite with a supposed marina view. The room itself was extremely nice and large. I will say that the bathroom, although upgraded, had a small tub and was not what I envisioned after reading the description online. The view was also not what I expected. After booking the room over the telephone directly from the resort, I was under the impression that we would be receiving a marina view. Unbeknownst to me there are two marina views as well as a canal view. My wife and I received the outer marina view which really isn't much of a view. We had a nice view of the condominium complex across the inter-coastal as well as the rental boats that the resort provides. I felt a little duped after being informed of this afterwards, as I did bring my concerns to the front desk while there. Although the clerks were kind and friendly they were also a bit dismissive. The other negative aspect was the highly advertised pools. The walk from the hotel side to the resort/cottage side was about 10-15 minutes and I am 32 years old and in average shape. It is definitely beneficial to either drive or take the shuttle. As far as the pools go, they are nice, nothing more, nothing less. There is a waterfall and a lazy river and an average amount of room. My recommendation would be if that you are older and looking for an extremely laid back vacation you should check this place out. I would not however recommend it for family's or more active couples. It is located very close to the 5th Avenue shoppes/restaurants and that is a definite plus. We will not be going back but I think that is because both my wife and I were left a little disappointed in Naples itself and not the resort.

Room Tip: Make sure if you are interested in a marina view you specify "inner marina" view!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nygator24
NBR_Manager, Manager at Naples Bay Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

Dear nygator24, Thank you for your feedback. We value your business and sincerely regret that the view, and amenities was not what you expected. We hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.