“Truly Naples”
Review of Truluck's

Truluck's
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 989 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Old Naples
Cross street: 7th Street South
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Truly Naples”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Nothing sums up the Naples, Fl experience than stroll down 5th Avenue and dinner at Truluck's. Everything is just perfect...food, staff, service, ambiance, the full monty.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Hollywood B

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Up their with Joe's”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Move over Joe's Stone Crab . . . Truluck's has topped my favorites list! While in Naples, FL, on vacation, my hubby said, "let's find some place for stone crabs." I said, "you want to drive all the way to Joe's (in Miami)?" He said, "No, can't you look on TripAdvisor or Yelp?" Of course I could! Duh! And lo and behold, we struck gold at Truluck's.

First of all, Truluck's in located in central Naples, surrounded by gazillions of retail, dining, and entertainment establishments. I'd make a day or night of it. On the particular night we went, throngs of people were milling about waiting for the Holiday Parade down Fifth Avenue. Valet parking was free with a dining receipt from the restaurant. It was a great place to be at the time, but we weren't sure if we could get in to Truluck's without a reservation . . . the luck was with us and we were immediately upon arrival ushered to a comfy booth (our favorite)!

Our waiter offered us drinks -- my husband had a "perfect" Bloody Mary with lots of olives, and I passed on the alcohol. I wanted to be fully on my game to relish in the stone crabs. Three sizes were offered -- medium, large, and jumbo. Some people think there is a difference in taste between the sizes, but we typically order medium stone crabs. They were divine . . . and the mustard sauce hit the mark! I have long raved about Joe's, but Truluck's really gave them a run for the money! Hubby and I were in Seventh Heaven! And, their Florida Stone Crab fishery is local to Naples to boot!

For entrees, it was a difficult choice . . . everything on the menu sounded great, but we boiled it down to two of our favorites . . . Chilean Sea Bass and Scottish Salmon. The Chilean Sea Bass was moist, enhanced by a sweet miso glaze and served over the most scrumptious crab fried rice . . . ooh, I could have had the crab fried rice as a meal itself . . . not to be missed. My hubby's Scottish Salmon was topped with blue crab, shrimp and béarnaise sauce, and the fish was cooked to his liking . . . buttery and delicate. We were stuffed to the gills (no pun intended) when the waiter came by with the dessert tray. Each dessert presented looked like artwork, and from the description . . . mouth-watering. My eyes popped out of their sockets when I saw the chocolate bag. If I ate sweets, that would have been my pick . . . a chocolate-cast version of a brown paper bag, filled with butter cake, fruit, whipped cream and candied nuts with a chocolate drizzle to finish things off . . . I am dreaming about it, but hubby went for the restaurant's carrot cake, which he had wrapped "to go" and enjoyed over two nights . . . it was huge!!!!

Our server was attentive and friendly without being overbearing. He gave his opinion when asked about the customer favorites, but deferred to our tastes. The restaurant itself is lovely, and while some call it "fine dining," I don't think it is the over-the-top type restaurant that requires you to be dressed to the nines (although certainly people in that area were in such attire).

We had a very enjoyable evening, and will certainly go back to any Truluck's when we're in one of their neighborhoods!

1 Thank msblueyz
BostonMA
“Over the top service! Excellent food!”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We visited Truluck's on our anniversary and from the hostess greeting to the celebratory dessert we could not have asked for a more memorable evening. Our server, Gina was extraordinary! When I mentioned that we never tasted stone crab, she made sure we enjoyed a complimentary claw! She was the perfect balance of professional and friendly throughout the evening. For appetizers we ordered a few more of the delicious stone crab claws served cold with Truluck's yummy mustard dipping sauce, lobster bisque and Sonoma green salad. We ordered Miso-Glazed Seabass and Blackened Grouper Pontchartrain, both incredible, tasty preparations. The portions were substantial and all of the seafood was excellent! We were so full that we declined dessert. Toward the end of our meal a manager stopped at our table to check on our experience as he was making rounds. We told him we thoroughly enjoyed everything, but we didn't know that we weren't finished yet. In the course of the evening, I mentioned that this was our anniversary dinner and Gina surprised us with a "Happy Anniversary" plate of chocolate bread pudding. In spite of our contented state we made a decent dent in this very chocolatey dessert. Thanks, Gina and the staff of Truluck's for this over the top, excellent, highly recommended restaurant experience in Naples, FL!

Mays Landing, New Jersey
“Disappointed”
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

We were a group of eight which shouldn't have been overwhelming. Our waiter though very friendly took our food order and never asked anyone if they wanted cocktails or wine. We had to call him over and tell him we wanted to order. Everyone ordered an appetizer except one person, when the apps were brought out, the waiter put my appetizer in front of the person who did not order one. There were two people who ordered filet to be cooked medium, both were raw. Had our waiter come over to ask how our meal was this could have been nipped in the bud but instead we had to flag down the manager to have the meat sent back to be cooked more. Don't get me wrong the food was excellent but, having eaten in many fine restaurants, part of the experience is the service which was lacking. More importantly, one thing that should never happen in a restaurant of this caliber is having to send meat back that is not cooked enough. Because of this experience, I will not eat in this restaurant again.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Michelle W
Oakville, Canada
“Fabulous Meal!!”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Great setting, friendly and knowledgable staff, fantastic food! Had an amazing experience with friends, the food was outstanding, especially the tuna tartar tower and the miso sea bass. Portions are very generous - go hungry. Definitely worth it.

1 Thank Charlotte R