“Not worth the money!”
Review of Truluck's

Truluck's
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,005 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Old Naples
Cross street: 7th Street South
Reviewed November 11, 2013

When you first walk into this restaurant it looks so beautful you just know you are in for a treat. The service was good and the food was good, it just wasn't exceptional. We had appetizers of fried calamari, tuna tartar and oysters Rockefeller. We all really enjoyed the appetizers and I have to say that was the best part of the meal. For an entree I had the dungeness crab. It was very good, but it was a stemmed crab and it was not served with any Side dishes. One of the people at our table had the steak and it came with mashed potatoes. She said they were very rubbery and the steak was just ok. Another person had the pork chop and he said there was nothing special about it. This was also served with the mashed potatoes and he said they were not good. it seems to me that this meal was not worth the money we paid for it.

1  Thank lvez
Write a ReviewReviews (1,589)

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We just love the place, the decoration and the service are great. Quality meat and crab cakes make it a memorable dinner.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We spend times in Naples every year and yet have never been to Trulucks to our surprise. But after our first and last experience it was way overrated. Our waiter was extremely snotty and condescending from the beginning. We were shown the tray of Stone Crabs and Dutch Harbor Crab Legs. We asked a few questions about the Stone Crabs and the waiter proceeded to answer our question followed by stating "I did not realize I was going to go into so much detail about something so simple"... At first I took it as he was trying to be funny but as the night went on he continued with his rude demeanor. After I proceeded to order the Dutch Harbor Crab Legs he came back and told me they were sold out so then I ordered the Stone Crabs. 10 minutes later he presents the tray to the table next to us offering them the Dutch Harbor Crab Legs (which I thought were sold out).... so when he came back I asked and he told me they were regulars and were able to order WOW! At the end of the meal we were talking about other local restaurants and were talking about Mereday's.... he butted into the conversation and told us there was not a restaurant by that name in Naples. I told him I read about it and he again snotty "I am pretty connected to the restaurants in town and there is no such place"..... really then way is there a Meredays restaurant at Naples Bay Resort... and is rated #1 on Tripadvisor.... guess I must have been wrong huh?

As for the food it was mediocre at best. My Caesar salad had no flavoring.... just tasted like lettuce. The Stone Crabs were excellent as was the sauce but how could you go wrong with that. My side dish the Crab Mac and Cheese was horrible... dry and again lacked flavor. Coming from Chicago we have a million steakhouses with Crab Mac and Cheese, Trulucks was the worst! Hands down Capital Grill and Hugo Frogs (well they have Crawfish Mac and Cheese) have the best and it actually is extremely flavorful. My mother had the Crab Fried Rice which excellent. Our other dinner companion had the Scottish Salmon Bernaise which she said was just ok.

With so many other fab restaurants in Naples this is not a place I would go back.... Bleu Provence, Campiellos, Escargot, Roy's, Cafe Dell'Amore, etc... they have excellent food and not a snotty wait staff!

2  Thank hms16
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Local friends keep recommending Truluck’s but I couldn’t reconcile their rave reviews with it being part of a (small) chain. Until I remembered a terrific meal I’d had at a Truluck’s in Texas. So we tried their Naples property this week. The experience was wonderful from booking the reservation through the day after our dinner, when a manager phoned to check how we’d liked the meal.

The restaurant looked completely full on a Wednesday night, but the friendly hostesses greeted and seated us immediately. They had nice live music in the bar. And our room was lively, but quiet enough for a conversation. For appetizers we tried the crab cocktail (good), and the tuna tartare tower (fresh tuna, salmon, and crab- off the charts good). Miso glazed seabass was on par with anything we’ve had anywhere. Sesame tuna was cooked perfectly- charred lightly on the outside, cold on the inside. They brought us a wonderful chocolate bread pudding and vanilla gelato dessert for my wife’s birthday- an unexpected surprise.

Service was attentive without being intrusive. Our waiter had great timing, paced the courses, and remembered we don’t like ice in our water. The manager was out on the floor the whole dinner, pitching in, asking diners about food and service, and generally ensuring everything ran smoothly.

Naples has no shortage of terrific restaurants- but Truluck’s has a place near the top.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

We were at Truluck's for the first time on Halloween. Sinne we had no reservations there was a long wait. My food (Steak) was excellent! My friends' fish unfortunately was dry. The service was good and the waiter made up for the long wait by giving us a free dessert, a delicous chocalate cake :-) I would definetely go back and see what it's like on a night/day when it's not overcrowded like on Halloween.