“Things are changing”
Review of Truluck's

Truluck's
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 998 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Old Naples
Cross street: 7th Street South
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We go Trulucks for dinner and happy hour often. Went there yesterday evening and ordered the mini burgers . We were told that you can no longer order them by temperature. We have been doing this for the last few years when we order them. They said the chef said it is for our health and it is not safe. We ordered them the way they are now prepared and they were overcooked, dry and terrible. That appetizer is $16.00 . You can order your burgers at any other fine restaurant in Naples at the temperature you choose. This is not an inexpensive restaurant . Disappointed that a fine dining restaurant thinks they don't have to give the customer what they request. Hopefully that level of service will return.

1  Thank Greg H

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stayed at The Inn on 5th and Truluk’s Restaurant on 4th Avenue South was a quick walk around the corner, next to the Sugden Theater.

Evidently Truluck’s owns their own fishery so the Florida Stone Crab served here in season is about as fresh as you are going to find anywhere in Naples. My wife and I went on a Friday for dinner with two other couples - we missed out on the ‘All You Can Eat Stone Crab’ special offered on Monday nights. A return visit on a Monday night has been added to our ‘bucket list’.

Unfortunately for me, Truluck’s doesn’t serve Guinness, so I opted to help my wife polish off a bottle (or two) of one of their great wine selections. (We weren’t driving anywhere after dinner).

We started out with the Lobster Bisque – delicious with real chunks of lobster in the bisque. Next I had the Baja Ceviche, awesome, and my wife thoroughly enjoyed her appetizer choice, the Jumbo Lump Crab Cake. I tasted her Crab Cake and it’s genuinely more crab than cake, unlike most other restaurants we’ve visited where the crab cakes are more breading than crab meat.

The South African Lobster Tail appeared to be the most popularly ordered entrée throughout the restaurant the night we were there although one in our party who owns a restaurant on Sanibel Island raved over his Steak Au Poivre selection and claimed it to be the very best Steak Au Poivre he’d ever had.

All in all, great food, excellent polished service - but sadly no Guinness.

1  Thank iGolfTravelNews
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Top notch. You're gonna pay, but its worth the experience of top notch service and food. We dropped 200 with with wine and a nice dinner, but it worth every bit of it.

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

9/11 our 30th wedding anniversary. Wanted to spend it in a great place. Couldn't have picked a better place.
The Ceasare salad was plenty for two and just great.
My wife had the ciopinno. absolutely delicious. Had it for lunch today, yum.
I had the steak au poivre. It was melt in your mouth tender with a great sauce.
The follow up today to make sure we had a great dinner. How unusual is that?
I hear the happy hour is super.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We arrived at Trulucks, with a reservation, and were promptly seated! A beautiful restaurant and service to match. The proprietor came by shortly after we were seated with our drinks, to give us his card and thank us for coming, which I thought was outstanding. I must recommend the Tomato salad, it was DIVINE!! I had the Scottish Salmon Béarnaise with a glass of Pinot Noir and it was delicious, while my husband had the Center-Cut Filet , again was very good. Fantastic flavors in the foods and the atmosphere was very romantic. 5STAR!!!!