“Fantastic food and service”
Review of The Cider Press Cafe - CLOSED

The Cider Press Cafe
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A Unique Dining Experience Now open in beautiful Naples, FL, The Cider Press Cafe serves Florida inspired, modernist, plant based cuisine, in a casual yet elegant setting. Chef Johan Everstijn, former Chef de Cuisine of Matthew Kenney OKC, one of Forbes Magazine Top 10 Restaurants in America of 2011 and Shape Magazine's "7 Places to eat before you die", heads the culinary team. The cafe serves the freshest high quality local organic produce, and uses the latest techniques in food preparation to create a unique, sophisticated, and healthful dining experience. Food temperature are kept below 117ºF to ensure the maximum flavor and freshness, while preserving the nutrients and enzymes in the food.
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ate here for his birthday dinner and were not disappointed. In fact, this restaurant was on par with Pure Food & Wine in NYC. Everything was delicious. This place is top notch!

Reviewed April 10, 2014

This is a gourmet vegan cafe with gorgeous presentation of very innovative dishes. The portions are perfect so there is little waste - quality, not quantity. It's raw vegan - nothing cooked, all fresh as if ingredients were just picked from your own farm's fields which I believe is the idea behind this place. No soy, no faux meats, no gluten and yet you will not miss any of these things. I had the Churrasco which was so delicious, with puree cauliflower as one ingredient. It was beautifully served with edible flowers. And the dessert! I had the chocolate genache - you will have no vegan dessert better than this. Nuts, greens, vegetables, mushrooms prepared in dishes vegans rarely, if ever, have the chance to eat! I've been a vegan for over 25 years and never would have I imagined food like this! One caveat - it is expensive.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Cider Press Café is unique. The food is vegan, raw, gluten free and sugar free. However, it tastes richly fulfilling. Our party of 4 began with Kale chips. OMG. These little crispy things tasted cheesy and rich. We had Seminole Corn Chowder that tasted of corn and butter, gazpacho made with flavorful organic local tomatoes, sushi rolls made with avocado and jicama rice, lasagna with cashew nut cheese, Dessert was to die for. We had cheesecake and banana splits that were on par with the "real thing." Everything was totally yummy. Nothing tasted like twigs. The service was attentive. The food was better than any cooked vegetarian meal I have ever made and I have been cooking veggie exclusively for 40 years . Our party was composed of 2 semi-serious vegetarians, 1 serious vegan, and 1 serious vegetarian.

1  Thank RHFogg
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Recently we held our monthly meetup for Naples Green Scene vegans at Cider Press Cafe. Chef Johan and his skilled team put on a fabulous 4 course feast for our group of 38. The enticing cuisine was full of flavor and freshness. Presentation was gorgeous and inventive. The menu was tailored to accommodate our special requests. General manager Roland and his courteous staff provided seamless service. Since the event, we have heard overwhelmingly positive feedback from members of our group. Naples Green Scene felt treated to a healthful gourmet extravanganza ....we made an excellent choice having our event at Cider Press Cafe!

Reviewed April 5, 2014

This is a vegan, gluten/dairy/meat free raw food restaurant. A bit difficult to find at first, but certainly worth a visit, especially if this type of "cooking" is new to you. Large, modernist dining area with opaque glass wall to kitchen. You are encouraged to walk behind and see what is going on. For my taste, the minimal decor is a little too stark. The absence of carpeting and other noise-dampening materials made it too loud when a large group of guests came in. The previously tranquil ambiance changed to something akin to a train station. Very clean. Certainly inspires satisfaction that food is handled with great care. Our server needed a little more training in describing the how and why of raw cooking. She was not able to explain several descriptive terms on the menu. At present the menu is quite short; one can easily work one's way through the entire list in less than three months, with twice-monthly visits. The food was quite good and filling. My friend, who has food sensitivities, loved the Florida Roll. My choice was a Lasagna with layers of heirloom tomatoes, zucchini slices and ricotta cheese, which was beautifully presented and very tasty. The onion bread, made without flour and served with basil butter, was an unexpectedly delicious accompaniment. All in all, the food was fresh, delicious and beautiful to the eye. As wine aficionados, we were not excited about the wine. I believe all wines are organic. They were unfamiliar to us, which may have led to the wrong choice. I definitely would recommend the Cider Press Cafe to anyone who has never tasted raw cooking before or who, by choice or necessity, prefers this food genre. This cafe participates in Open Table.