“excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Charlie Chiang's
Ranked #193 of 980 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Chinese, Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: North Naples
Description: With an authentic menu and a stylish, modern ambience, Charlie Chiang’s takes Chinese to a whole new level. It’s delicious down to the details – martinis, wines by the glass, Asian beers, and heavenly desserts. Blend this with the neo-classical culinary stylings of Sushi Chef George Chang and you’ll see why Charlie Chiang’s has been part of the essential Naples dining experience.The menu offers both traditional favorites and unique dishes such as: Peking Duck (curved at tableside), Creamy Walnut Shrimp, Lamb 3-Cup "Pot Au Feu", Thai Red Curry Chicken, Dancing Red Snapper, and Garlic Purple Eggplant & Tofu. Al fresco dining is available, with beautiful riverfront views.
North Port, Florida
“excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Feb.21,2013 There is nothing like outstanding service AND good food! So, often one or the other doesn't meet your expectations. Charlie Chiang's exceeded in both categories. We enjoyed their lunch. We will be back!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank larry B

“Worth the drive from 75, but bring lots of $$$.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

The food was very good, the service was very good, the atmosphere was very good, but the prices were outrageous. $42.50 with tax and tip for two people - no alcohol, two dishes, no dessert, and one soft drink.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank OceanAndy
Arundel, United Kingdom
“Excellent place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

It was attached to our hotel so very convenient but quality,menu,service all very good.
We went twice!.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank 123MPM
Lima, Ohio
“Good food, great prices...totally enjoyed our carry-out meal.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

My hubby and I spent a week in Naples near the end of January, and stayed at the Doubletree Suites (see my separate review for the hotel...awesome place!). Charlie Chiang's is adjacent to that hotel (although the hotel has its own restaurant as well). One evening of our stay, after a long day of hiking, sightseeing and beach-going, we were too exhausted to venture out for dinner, and so my husband walked over to this Chinese restaurant to grab carry-out for us to eat in our hotel room. Sure glad he did!

We looked up the menu online before my husband walked over and, while several specialty dishes were offered that sounded great, we opted for our own favorite Chinese standbys: General Tso's chicken for him, kung pao chicken for me, with fried rice alongside both. We also each ordered an appetizer: crab rangoon for him, spicy pork dumplings for me.

Short walk included, hubby was back in under 20 minutes, and we proceeded to make pigs of ourselves with our Chinese feast. The food was very tasty...not the best we've ever had, but quite good. My only real complaint was that, personally, I prefer my kung pao chicken to be a bit spicer, and I found the pork dumplings a little bland as well. On the positive side, the healthy serving of chicken in both main dishes consisted of nicely sized pieces of perfectly cooked meat, instead of the little scrawny bits of chicken often served up in Chinese dishes.

Since I never set foot inside the place, I cannot comment on the ambiance. However, a nice surprise was had when I glanced at the bill the next day and saw that our huge meal of two entrees and two appetizers had cost just $32, which seemed quite reasonable considering the typical cost of dining out.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank ohiotravelchick
Frankfort, Illinois
“Have Passed By Many Times; Now Finally Dined There.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

My spouse, myself, and another couple decided it was time to dine at Charlie Chiangs. We were not disappointed.

We were seated promptly and were taken care of by a cheerful and friendly server. Throughout the evening we were never rushed and were given able time for conversation and enjoyment of the meal.
I chose the Lamb 3-cup “pot Au Feu” and found it very tasty. My spouse had the Creamy Sesame Shrimp which she enjoyed heartily; especially the very light breading on the shrimp. We shared an order of pork fried rice. All in all everything was excellent.

Prices were appropriate and the portions ample.

I am sure we will visit Charlie Chiangs when we again are in Naples, Florida