“great location friendly owner”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Naples
Gondolier Apartments & Inn
Ranked #50 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed November 12, 2012

great location, short walk to beach and downtown & shopping. Very friendly owner operator. Rooms have retro look and are small. Made me feel like I was in Key west. Owner has beach chairs, umbrellas, books to borrow.

Room Tip: get room in back
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank WxmanMD
There are newer reviews for Gondolier Apartments & Inn

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I loved this small old motel in Old Naples, located four blocks from the beach, and three blocks from the shops and restaurants on Old Naples’ 5th Avenue. The Gondolier was built, and has been owned and operated by the same family for 55 years. It’s located in a very nice residential neighborhood. The rooms are retro – the dining table and chairs like new, but from the 1950s -- and spotlessly clean, the landscaping is lush and well maintained. The rates are very reasonable. The friendly owner provides beach towels, chairs and umbrellas, washer/dryer, and a wonderful library too. My unit had a coffee maker, a two burner stove, and a large refrigerator; some units also have ovens. There’s a large microwave in an outdoor lounge area. The motel is three blocks from 5th Avenue in Old Naples, which has a lot of high end stores, and lots of restaurants. I’m giving the Gondolier 5 stars, not just for the cleanliness and comfort of the motel, and the reasonable rates, and its location in charming Old Naples, but also for its proximity to the beach. Beach access in Naples is difficult: there are very few parking spaces, many of them are reserved for Naples residents, and the remaining spaces are expensive. I was in Naples at low season so I can only guess that this could be a plus, in that the beaches are probably never crowded. I had considered staying at one of the beach resorts in Naples – no problem accessing the beaches there, I’m sure! – but most appear to provide only valet parking (which I can’t stand), and of course the resorts are not in Old Naples with its restaurants and shops. Old Naples is a place where you might not need a car – the nearest grocery to the Gondolier is Wynn’s Market (large, gourmet), about a mile away. The Southwest Florida International Airport is about 35 miles away, I was told a $70 taxi ride. I really enjoyed my stay at the The Gondolier, a great place!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Hollingsworth24
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Location is the winner. We parked the Car on Day 1 and didn't really need it for the 3 days that we stayed. Walking distance to the stunning Naples beaches. The owner had a trove of beach related items, Chairs, Lilo's etc. that he was more than happy to lend to us. knowledgeable and friendly owners that are very accommodating. The rooms could do with an update but they are clean. We are visiting Florida again in 2013 and The Gondolier is on the list of places to re-visit.

Room Tip: Room choices are minimal but all are equally good!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank UrbanFairy
Reviewed March 16, 2012

It's all about location at The Gondolier, and about old Florida tradition. The Gondolier is reminiscent of the 50's, slightly faded and appealing, set among the mansions of an upscale neighborhood.
Henry Harer, the proprietor, is hands-on, happy to supply everything from beach chairs and towels to glimpses of Naples history. The property is well-maintained and within a five to ten minute walk to the beach, Fifth Avenue, and Third Street. Unbeatable.
The eight units range in size from efficiency to one-bedroom apartments and are equipped with galley kitchens and (surprise!) ours had a pink tile bath. Loved it!

Room Tip: #8 is an end unit with more privacy. Parking spaces are assigned.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank nohome
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Clean, functional, quiet, great location. We got avocadoes from the owner as a gift, and got to stay past checkout time because no new occupant expected. Lots of maps and brochures available, as well as beach towels and chairs.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 99SusanK
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Life in the slow lane. I love it more than the big 5 Star places. This is the place that I go to unwind - I keep going back year after year to the place that brings a smile to my face every time. It's the best - I love it.

Room Tip: Well kept, clean and perfect every time.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank geezegood
Reviewed July 11, 2011

No Ritz-Carlton for me! If you want the best location in town, 3 short blocks from the beach, clean, comfortable rooms with kitchens and all the amenities you will ever need, consider staying at the Gondolier Inn. We were delighted to stay in this cozy, independently owned and reasonably priced motel in early May, 2010. We couldn’t have been more pleased! The Inn even offers beach chairs, umbrellas, and coolers that can be taken to the beautiful white sand beach. If you want to fish, it’s just a short walk to the famous Naples Pier, and the friendly proprietor will loan you a fishing pole. Convenient to the lovely Old Naples shopping area, this is the place for me and my family. We wil be back!

Room Tip: All rooms have different layouts to suit your needs.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family