“Great German Food In Naples”

Black Forest Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 1,051 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: European, German, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We invite you to try our German comfort food made with care using quality ingredients from local suppliers.
Reviewed April 20, 2014

This small restaurant in a Naples shopping mall has great German Food, cooked by the chef and owner from Germany. The Black Forest Mill has an extensive menu considering the size. The tables are relatively close but the noise level is low with so few people. The service is excellent with appetizers of very good cole-slaw and a spinach sent to the table.

3  Thank adventurer1234

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We were happy to hear that the owners of one of our favorite German restaurants in New York state have opened a restaurant in Naples. The food is delicious, authentic and abundant. Our party enjoyed the sauerbraten, the schnitzel , and a great pork shank. These along with potato pancakes, German potato salad, red cabbage, carrots, cole slaw and creamed spinach provided for a real feast. We were too full for dessert however, we did bring home pieces of home made apple cake.

We will certainly go again.

2  Thank john c
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Two friends and I came across this little "hidden gem" 2/19/14 in Greentree Center on Immokalee Rd in Naples, FL. The restaurant is a quaint little place and the food (authentic German cuisine) was so delicious. The service was very efficient and we were treated like family. Other diners around us seemed equally impressed. As we were leaving and walking to the car a lady in the parking lot asked us how the food was, as she had seen the place many times and wondered about it. We, of course raved about it. I would highly recommend this restaurant and we will definitely return.

3  Thank sugarbeet
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We went to the Black Forest Mill last night and found it delightful. Dale, one of the owners, was playing the role of a waitress as one had not arrived for work yet. She was delightful and efficient. Arthur came out of the kitchen to ensure all was going well with us. The service is well beyond what we have experienced in many Naples restaurants. It is apparent that Dale and Arthur truly care about the quality of service and food served at Black Forest Mill. Everything we had was super fresh and absolutely delicious. We have not had German food this good since we left New York. We liked that the meal included soup or salad, entrée, starch, a veggie and even dessert. Not only was the food excellent, the price was right. They only serve beer and wine so if you're into martinis don't expect to find on there. Having said that, if we were into martinis, we'd give them up for the food we had. The restaurant is relatively new in the Greentree Plaza, it's small and I would encourage everyone to make reservations. By the time we were 1/2 way through our meal, the place was packed and it was only 6:00PM. We have already made plans with friends to go back in a week. Try it, you'll not like it, you will love it.

3  Thank pattynbob
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Dale and Arthur, the original owners of Jaegerhaus Restaurant, have opened the Black Forest Mill in the Greentree Shopping Center. My husband and I went there last week and thoroughly enjoyed our meals. We went again tonight and brought my soon to be 99 year old father, my son and daughter-in-law and my 7 year old grandson. We were warmly welcomed. We were given complimentary chicken liver pâté' and potato salad and cole slaw for the table. Everyone's meal included soup or salad and dessert. We all had something different to eat and everyone was very happy with their meal. The schnitzels are excellent and my husband loved his pork shank. We also ordered potato pancakes and they reminded me of the ones my mother used to make. The desserts are wonderful. I can't say enough about this restaurant. We will keep going back. It's a nice atmosphere, very friendly, the food is excellent, and even my grandson has given it his seal of approval.

4  Thank Adrienne F