“Nothing special.”
Review of Real Macaw

Real Macaw
Reserve with OpenTable
Real Macaw is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #250 of 988 Restaurants in Naples
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Florida
“Nothing special.”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We sat outside and ordered off the bar menu to avoid the $20-$30 per person inside restaurant menu. After a very very very long wait our food finally arrived. They are big on presentation, but the food was only avg. I had the kobe beef burger and had to pay another $4 just to get french fries. My wife and i agree we wont be going back.

• Visited May 2013

Naples, Florida
“Great food with a "Key West" atmosphere!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

You got to try the food here, as everything we have had here, the two times we dined have been great. They really have the best chowder in town. The chef really knows how to cook fish properly. I had a great salad at lunch of goat cheese, craisins, field greens. I felt I could really have healthy choices here. You get a nice old Florida feel when I are here. Stop brand give it a try!

Visited April 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fun,quality food and service”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This restaurant feels like you are in the Keys. Great colorful decor and a fun outside patio/porch bar area with live entertainment . The meal was great . We had the mahi and the duck. The bread and strawberry whipped butter was a real treat.
Give this place a try and you will have a smile on your face the entire time.

• Visited April 2013
Finland
“Excellent food and ambiance”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I visited here twice in March. Food was excellent in both times. I think I could live one month eating only "Trinidadian" Crab Cakes and "Island Hopping" Seafood Chowder, also Down Island Chicken was delicious. Service was very friendly, and although we did not have reservation they managed to arrange a table for us. And the appetiser, it is something unique.

• Visited March 2013
Brevard, North Carolina
“Disappointing”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is my second review of the Real Macaw. My first was close to a rave, but a recent experience was disappointing for two reasons. First, although my food was pretty good, several others in our party of 12 said their choice was poor at best. Most of these ordered the chicken quesadilla, which was puny, dry, and tasteless, according to what they all said. The second thing was the restaurant's refusal to give us separate checks. As anyone knows, women do not like to evenly split a big check. We also do not like to do all the math necessary to figure out our individual shares. In fact, this group, which eats out every week, will not go to a restaurant that won't give us separate checks. We have eaten at the Real Macaw once in the past and had no problems getting individual checks. Alas for this restaurant, it is now off our list of places we'll return to. Oh yes, WHEN will they learn that we tip better if we get separate checks?

• Visited March 2013