“Best Fish Tacos”

Tommy Bahama Restaurant & Store
Reserve with OpenTable
Tommy Bahama Restaurant & Store is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 1,046 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: American, Jamaican, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Old Naples
Cross street: Broad St.
Description: Located on charming, historic Third Street South, a short walk from the Naples pier, the original Tommy Bahama Restaurant & Bar is the ideal spot for lunch, dinner, or happy hour. You will instantly feel like a Florida local when treated to unparalleled hospitality on the festive, spacious patio or watch the culinary team in action from a table near the open kitchen.
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I frequent Tommy Bahama often, if I have guests in from out of town or family time, it's an easy pleasant experience. If you want a quick bite try the scallop sliders w/ slaw and fried onions they are rich but delicious. The steak salad is my personal go to favorite it's perfectly balanced w/ the grilled potatoes which are not only tasty but a nice touch, something the kitchen doesn't just toss out of a bag. The old menu Ahi salad was another fav but they changed the salad ingredients and now I don't order it anymore, plus last time there was no sear on the tuna and way too much dressing. My family of foodies agree they have the best fish tacos. Don't worry if you don't see them on the menu Tommy serves lunch all day they just don't advertise it, for me I like the lunch menu better. The non alcolohic cocktails are actually very good don't hesitate to order a round for the kids. Years ago they remolded and ever since the place is very loud, it wasn't a great call by management. If you have someone in your party who struggles in loud environments, ask the waitress for a nice table on the front of the patio, or better yet make a reservation esp. if you are there in season.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,602)

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Cute restaurant nestled between the his and hers Tommy Bahama clothes stores. That's where the fun ends though. The food is plain and simple almost awkward. The ingredients are clearly mass produced and the preparation is clunky and uninspiring while the prices are far from offering value for money. Many better restaurants to go to...unless you just want to be seen.

3  Thank RaiDoc
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We stopped here for lunch on our first day in SW Florida and genuinely delighted. Many places we've eaten on the east coast have not been all that great so I wasn't expecting much. I swapped out fries for a salad with my burger and it was one of the nicest side salads I've ever had. They could easily have just thrown on a bit of lettuce and a chopped tomato but instead there was a full array of onion, leaves, pine nuts and seeds, olives, tomatoes, vinaigrette etc. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We brought our family here for vacation this summer and loved the atmosphere! The drinks were great for my husband and I and the kids loved their food also. Happy experience all together!

Reviewed July 29, 2014

If you are foolish enough to want to open a restaurant on 5TH then you would probably want to take a very long look at what TB Café is pulling off night after night. The food is almost secondary to the bar (drink menu is really very well done) and the atmosphere itself. The café is conveniently sandwiched between two TB clothing stores. So whiling enjoying your skirt steak you suddenly realize that you need another pair of palm tree underwear- you are in luck. The décor, atmosphere and friendliness of the staff all works to create a very pleasant environment. They have perhaps one of the most creative drink menus going and prepared very, very well. The food is good. We shared the coconut friend shrimp and pork quesadillas- as coconut fried shrimp goes, this was pretty good as were the smoky quesadillas. We enjoyed the skirt steak and Ahi tuna. The skirt was over cooked slightly and the Ahi was spot on (rare) and delicious. The overall menu displayed culinary creativity and good variety. We enjoyed a pina colada layer cake as a birthday was being celebrated at our table. The cake had at least 5 layers and was light and delicious much to my surprise.
I try hard to stay away from 5th Ave with special attention to TB Café as it's not my cup-o-tea but every time we go we leave with an intent to return. It's relaxing ( a big part of their positioning) fun, good music and well worth the trip. The service is very friendly and they work well as a team. Our primary server was good.
So, purchase some floral print underwear before dessert and have another Crazy Cuban and don't fight the feeling as you just cannot beat it!

1  Thank John T