“What a place!”
Review of Chops City Grill

Chops City Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Chops City Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 999 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Naples
Description: When you want dry-aged steak and fresh fish that's all about quality with a creative twist at a great value, Chops City Grill is your place. We're upscale without being fussy. We aim to create relaxed and fun dinners. It's honest, fresh, from-scratch food that's innovative too. Simple as that. At Chops City Grill, we are proud to offer you more choices, better quality, and more value than traditional steak houses. Sip on wines from our award-winning 500-bottle wine list and collection of small-batch spirits along with the best service in town right in the heart of downtown Naples on beautiful Fifth Avenue South!
Reviewed May 28, 2008

I have to tell you that I am a restaurant professional and the experience that we had at Chops rivaled any experience that I have had elsewhere. The server was extremely knowledgeable about the food he was serving attending to my wifes allergy needs with tact. He guided me to an alternative choice of wine that I would never have thought of when my first choice was not available.
We enjoyed a salad and an appetizer to start, the Tuna Chop and the banana salad ( I don't remember the actual name). That particular combination was terrific because the salad was a bit sweet and the tuna was almost a ceviche style, sweets and tarts..yumm. I had the Delmonico steak with the blue cheese crust with brussel sprouts and it was delicious! Cooked to perfection and my wife had the Grouper entree, it was one of the most incredible dishes I have ever eaten ( of course it was full of garlic and I love garlic).
We didn't have dessert so I can't tell you about that but the service was fluid and seamless, the waiter knew how to be around just enough to cover our needs without being obsequies. I will certainly return to Chops next time I am in town.

1  Thank travlmanchic

Reviewed May 21, 2008

This is my favorite restaurant in Naples and my vacation would not be complete without a visit. The steaks are the best and the tuna appetizer is to die for. The servers are warm and professional, not too pushy or giving scripted and rehearsed performances about their menu. Why is that the norm now at most restaurants? When vacationing, I like to go where the locals go and avoid national chains. This is definitely the place!

Reviewed May 1, 2008

After reading many guide books saying that "Chops" was THE restaurant to dine at while in Naples, we ate there and were thoroughly disappointed in everything about the experience. . Our evening at Chops on April 5, 2008 was quite undesirable. The service was not good. The waiter misled us on the wine options and prices, our food was over cooked yet the waiter never came by to check on our meal and the manager was unsympathetic when we tried to rectify matters.
We frequently eat in fine restuarants and we know what to expect.
We will never eat here again and we want our Trip Advisor friends to know about this poor experience. Thanks.

5  Thank MaryGoody