“Very Creative menu”

Mereday's Fine Dining
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2014

My wife and I celebrated her special birthday I by enjoying a creative and expertly prepared meal paired with wines for each of the four courses. Great job in the kitchen and very nice service in a modern and comfortable setting.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

My wife and I returned to Naples again this year to celebrate her birthday, and decided to have her birthday dinner at Mereday's since we had such a wonderful experience there last year. Well, they "knocked it out of the park" again! Almost as soon as we were seated, we were offered a complimentary glass of champagne in honor of my wife's birthday. Our waiter, Ian, was very nice, extremely attentive and made helpful suggestions which we clearly appreciated. My wife ordered the scallops, which were simply wonderful, followed by the red snapper, which was crispy on the outside and flaky and tender on the inside - also quite delicious. I ordered the escargot, which was served in a delightful pesto sauce and contained more escargot than I could count. I loved it. This was followed by the creole shrimp, served with bacon and grits. As I am generally not a big fan of creole, I asked if they could make it mild. It was prepared exactly as requested, and the combination of flavors worked perfectly. My final course was the filet of beef, which was probably the best I ever had. As if that was not enough, we closed with two of the best desserts we have had in a very long time - the flourless chocolate cake, mocha cream and ice cream combination for my wife, and the peanut butter mousse and dark chocolate espresso ice cream combination for me. If you love peanut butter (as I do), you should not miss this. Mereday's should clearly be at the top of your list if you are looking for a truly special restaurant in Naples.

2  Thank RALPH S
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We learned about Mereday's from a local businessman and decided to try it when our friend came to town. It was easy to make reservations, and the staff was welcoming when we arrived. The restaurant was beautifully decorated in a coastal casual style and was located near water with boats docked outside the window.

The menu offered several courses with a fixed price for two, three, or four courses with or without wine pairings.

Everything was tempting, but our group chose the heirloom tomatoes, mozzarella, with white balsamic, a creole shrimp with bacon and cheddar grits, the red snapper with cauliflower couscous, and the filet of beef with potato purée and asparagus. We first enjoyed the brioche that was baked in a muffin pan and served with butter and herbs. All the food was phenomenal.

The food presentIon and the flavors of the food were amazing. Portions were a bit larger than most fixed prix menus I have seen at other restaurants.

The final dessert course was included in the dinner price. We had mocha pot de cream, flourless chocolate cake, and white chocolate ice cream and the peanut butter mousse, chocolate ganache, and dark espresso ice cream. So enjoyable.

I found the wait staff to be knowledgable, courteous, and genuinely happy to assist with the meal choices. They even encouraged us to take home a to go box with any portion of the meal we could not finish.

On the way out, we were able to speak with the owner and several of the chefs as they cooked in the open kitchen area. They were very happy to hear our positive comments.

Check out the website and read the menu. Then, call for reservations. You won't want to miss Mereday's.

1  Thank A T
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just had a dinner the other night in Mereday's. We started w/ butternut squash soup w/ black truffle - to die for! For the main course I ordered my favorite shrimp and grits, The best I ever had and my husband was raving about his filet, crispy outside perfect mid rare inside. They sent us a variety of their delicious deserts to finish our memorable dinner. We will be defiantly coming back again and again!

1  Thank Valeriya R
Reviewed August 8, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed some of the best food we've ever eaten last night at this beautiful restaurant. The setting was perfect as views of yachts berthed on the bay are visible from windows on both sides of the light and bright dining room. My husband was very hungry and ordered the wok seared baby back ribs in unagi sauce as his appetizer. (I don't know what unagi is, but it was delicious!) There were so many ribs on the plate, that he took some home because he wanted to leave room for the filet in a red wine demi glace with potato puree, and the pan roasted chicken breast in a natural jus. I tasted both and they were wonderful. Obviously the chef is using the best ingredients available. I ordered the seared sea scallops as my appetizer, and the shrimp fettuccini in tomato cream sauce as my entrée. It was a generous portion, so I was able to take some home for lunch today. YUM. We will go back to this chef owned restaurant, named for the chef, again and again. What a wonderful experience to eat the food of a true master chef. The restaurant is located at the Naples Bay resort. Don't miss it.

1  Thank lindanaples1