“Excellent”

Mereday's Fine Dining
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Got this from tripadvisor and they score again. Expensive but we'll worth it. Crab cake was superb, the sweetbreads excellent the bread out of this world and the bronzino salad stunning, crisp skinned and unique. The cheese plate was beautiful and the mille-feuille perfect. Our waitress from Toronto was charming and infinitely tolerant and the setting divine.
A wonderful evening, but one pays for what one gets.

There are newer reviews for Mereday's Fine Dining

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Memorable meal. Great menu for a special occasion. Setting is a bit stark considering the menu and the price point, but it is an improvement over the bleak environment offered by the previous owner. Several Open Table reviews complained about the service. We found it to be attentive, informative, and timely.
The menu changes so the website offers a clue of what to expect but the elements of the five courses,as well as the wine pairings were different (from the website).
The birthday girl enjoyed South African prawn, creole shrimp, roasted chicken and a "tres chocolate" dessert. I had scallops, duck leg (which, thankfully, was not crispy), grouper, and an apple tart dessert.
Wine pairings were a bit surprising as one would not normally select a cab with grouper, but the wines offered were of high quality. We were offered brut open being seated with a birthday greeting. (In retrospect server may have made an error in not serving the white burgundy during one of our courses and instead refilled the brut flutes.
The best food we have been served in Naples. We will be back!

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We had the distinct pleasure of dining here for my birthday and it was fantastic! We started out with a lovely glass of champagne at the bar overlooking the marina. After deciding on the 3 course dinner, we were treated to wave after wave of incredible food from the beet salad to the creole shrimp. And then there was dessert. Finally a restaurant in town that takes its desserts seriously! The atmosphere is relaxing with ambient lighting and great background music. The service was beyond attentive without being cloying and we were never rushed. Our server actually asked if we would like to wait 10 minutes before bringing the dessert course, which we welcomed. I loved how the servers delivering your food took the time to review the dish and its components before leaving. The staff behind the line at the open kitchen were all smiles, saying hello and graciously accepting thanks to patrons as they were leaving. It was SO worth the trip. We look forward to coming back and will make sure to send all our friends. A wonderful, wonderful restaurant find in Naples!

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I brought my girlfriend here for our anniversary my first visit in October of 2013. The dishes were flawlessly executed and the service was parallel with the quality of the food (in all of the good ways). I've been 5 times since and have every intention of going again in the near future!

Scallops are one of their staples (in my opinion) so do try if you're a fan. If you don't fancy a prix fixe menu, they have a regular "Bar Menu" as well. The kitchen can cater to specific requests although I would suggest anything directly from the menu, as it reads (this isn't just any restaurant, these people have been around a couple blocks), trust them! If you're a fan of the Truffle (or curious to try them), I insist you try their "Truffle Tasting". Importing them from around the world as the seasons change, this Chef shows you he means business when he has 3 different species of fresh Truffles (from 3 different regions across the world) on tap.

Mereday's is a great place to grab a nice lunch with the family, significant other if you happen to be docking your yacht for the day, or a great place to take an associate from work if you mean business! I've taken my entire family here when they visited (my 3 year old included). They can and do accommodate for little ones, although I would urge anyone to find a sitter if the kids are noisy. It says "Fine Dining" right under the name of the restaurant and out of respect for others, would only make sense to bring your children if they can appreciate such a title.

Another visit here was for my Birthday... I'm VERY grateful I chose Mereday's! It's so wonderful being able to sit down on the water (or anywhere for that matter), order your food and (literally) have a 100% care-free sitting.

Having tried over 50% of the menu and retaining a 100% favoring of the dishes tried, I'm more than confident I will enjoy the rest of what these Chef's put together. I've eaten at world-class restaurants in D.C., New York, L.A. & Miami (to name a few), I can honestly claim Mereday's as a 'Destination restaurant'. If you claim to appreciate first class foods and first class service, visit Mereday's at least once next time you're in South Florida, you won't regret it!

1  Thank OliveTruffles
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Gulfshore Life named this restaurant best new restaurant so we made reservations to celebrate my big birthday which we told the staff when making reservations. They did nothing extra for me. The food which you buy by 3,4 or 5 courses and we paired with wines was sometimes outstanding and other times ordinary. The froie gras was outstanding while a duck leg was dried out and tasteless. The wine on 2/4 courses was not brought out with the food and I had to ask for it. One waiter started to pour a different wine in a glass from another course that was partially full. Worst was that although sitting outside was very beautiful, there was constant traffic walking by our table which included people with fishing poles and swimmers in towels. Our neighboring table had a very loud man who constantly talked and made it difficult to have a conversation. Definitely NOT worth $250 for 2 and a memorable birthday dinner for the wrong reasons!

2  Thank Greerg3