“Sophistication and Intimatecy”

Naples, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sophistication and Intimatecy”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The bright and sophisticated decor caught my eye; then I was warmly greeted by Rolf the manager and Sarah, the lovely hostess. While sipping a glass of wine I chatted with some of the staff; they were warm and friendly, giving me the feeling of being a guest in their home. I then had the privilege of meeting Chef Charles Mereday, the owner and head chef; he was genuine and passionate about pleasing his guests in every one of my senses: in sight; the decor most attractive, in scent; the aromas coming from the grill were so inviting, the touch of a hand shake was affectionate and courteous. Of course this would all be a moot point if the food was not appeasing to the palate. The presentation of the meal was not only picture worthy in a Kodack moment but the flavors exploded on my palate with fragrance and freshness. The fruits and vegtables were perfect ripeness as if picked moments before serving. The Prosciutto with melon and the Mixed Organic Salad, blossomed in my mouth with every bite. The Tarte Flambe I savored, tasting each of the blended flavors. The finale of my lunch was the Mille Fuille, which was a delightful combination of lemon curd, Florida citrus and ice cream. Each course was served with the graciousness and intimacy of being a highly honored guest in their home. Mereday's is truly a dining experience you should not miss.

• Visited July 2013