“I love bringing my New York friends here”
Review of La Rosa

La Rosa
Ranked #469 of 986 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Italian
Naples, Florida
“I love bringing my New York friends here”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Friday and Saturday nights have all you can eat pizza. My friends and family were surprised when Maria shows up at your table carrying a fresh from the oven pizza and plops a few steaming pieces on your plate. This is a brazilian family with their own twist on New York style pizza. My favorite is the Maria with chicken, black olives, and catapuri (cheese) and tomatoes, followed by the hot and wild with garlic and pepperoni. You can try everything as they make one pizza after another. At the end, they'll make a dessert pizza with chocolate sprinkles and the catapuri which will send you into heaven. This is a must go.

1 Thank Tracy J

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great NY Style Pizza”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

La Rosa is a friendly, clean & delicious neighborhood spot in East Naples. Have eaten both there & carried out twice & each time the pizza is hot, tasty, the sauce plentiful, cheese just right, not greasy with a light delicious crust. Appreciate the good food & friendly service & hope to try the many options from antipasto to hot/cold subs & classic Italian dinners. We'll be back!

Oak Forest, Illinois
“Poor excuse for pizza”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

If this is what New York pizza is like, you can keep it. I'm from Chicago where we know pizza, both thin and thick crust! I ordered a large pizza with sausage, mushrooms and onions. The sausage was very strange, shaved Italian sausage, 1 inch wide and paper thin. Little to no sauce, parts of the pizza had absolutely no sauce whatsoever. The onions were missing and the few mushrooms appeared to be canned. Basically, the pizza was pretty tasteless. I would never go back here again. The other items may be good, calzones etc, but I'll never find out. The place was very clean.

Ave Maria, Florida
“All You Can Eat Pizza on Friday and Saturday!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I needed pizza fast and used my GPS. This one is next to Pelican Larry's on Davis. I walk up to the marquee and noted a good price on a lasagna special, but I am on a mission for pizza. I noted an extremely reasonably price for an EXTRA LARGE 18' pizza. I looked around and there was an average crowd that seemed to know the place well. I was greeted by several red T shirted folks that had a casual and appreciative attitude. The menus are placed everywhere. I found what I want and just order and wait. I did note that they are strong about being closed on Sundays. Strong family values are evident with just simple conversation. Pizza is done and I brag my HUGE Caroline, HUGE!!!, box home. When was the last time you had a pizza this big? Well at home we open our prize and see BUBBLES on the crust side... wow... this is a NY classic. We bite in and our eyes look at each other. This is fantastic pizza folks. Cheese was so tasty and oils glistened to perfection on the surface. Slight droop of the tip and the sauce was just so tasty! I was so happy that I looked into their menu and found the perfect pizza night out. They have ALL YOU CAN EAT PIZZA on Fridays and SAT from 6-10! Check this lineup out!
Specialty Pizzas Include:
*Tropical Pizza - Mozzarella, eggs, palm hearts, olives, tomatoes, onions
*4 Cheese Pizza - Mozzarella, provolone, parmesan, catupiri
*La Portuguesa - Ham, egg, onions, green peas, corn, cheese, dice tomato
*Meat Eater - Ham, salami, sausage, pepperoni
*Major Pig Out - Make anything and everything and "pig out" (12 regular items or 6 specials)
*Mexican Pizza - Hot pepper, ground beef, diced tomatoes
*Cala Breza - Onion and smoked sausage
*Margarita Pizza - Sliced tomato and fresh basil
*Banana Pizza - Dessert
No alcohol is served here, but we can deal with that. That's what happy hour at Pelican Larry's is for.
We were offered to order two toppings each for a medium pizza. The wait was kinda long but that is OK. The first few bites were having us both nod our heads in approval. We were thinking this is great pizza but it is a strange way of getting pizza. They give you a few thin cut slices at a time. It forced us to get up in a matter of minutes to get more.Then we saw the beauty of this. More patrons filed in and doing the same and they tried ours and we tried theirs and wound up eating a huge majority of the selections. I loved them all. My favorite...La Portuguesa and 4 Cheese. Just amazing. They all were unique in their own right. The service is mediocre at best but Hey it's a pizzeria! The cost per person. As of today... $7.95. Yep... Amazing value and we each ate 2 mediums at least. See you Friday or Saturday. Don't miss this one folks.

• Visited June 2013