“Tasty but”

Cuisines: Italian
Fort Myers, Florida
“Tasty but”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I've ordered from Charlena's twice and the food was decent. The first time I had the stromboli which was very tasty and the marinara was great but they were very stingy with the meat and cheese, it was super thin like a calzone not what I think of when I think of strombolis.

The second time I had the meatball grinder, the meatballs were yummy but the bread had a garlic spread on it that was off putting... so much so I ended up ditching the bread and just eating the meatballs.

I will try the pizza next time since I've read good things about it. Overall I think the quality is there and the food is worth trying but it may leave you wanting.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Bre B

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Best Pizza I've Had In Naples”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Excellent pizza and try the Cannolis for dessert. Fast free delivery and good prices. Really great overall.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank gigilec
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very Good Pizza”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We have ordered pizza twice from Charlena's over the last couple of months. Not the best pizza I have eaten but very, very good. We ordered for the family so we had one pizza with Italian sausage, mushrooms, onions and the other was pepperoni, green peppers and garlic. All the toppings were fresh and delicious. Their crust is good (NY style) thin except at the edges, crispy throughout. Have yet to have anything from the bakery case but it sure looked good. Will definitely return for carry out.

• Visited December 2013
Naples, Florida
“Nice little place”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

It was a Sunday, late afternoon and my friend and I couldn't decide where to get something to eat. I always have a hard time picking a place. So he told me to follow him and he led me to Charlena's. We both were pretty hungry and he had eaten there many times before but it was my first time at this restaurant. I don't eat a lot of pizza but was in the mood for one. We couldn't compromise on what we wanted on a pizza so we both ordered our own 12 inch pizza (both of us were able to take half of it home). I had the supreme minus the onion and peppers and he had the same minus the black olives. They were both very good. They also have a small bakery and my friend had the ricotta cheesecake which he gave me a bite and it was pretty good (I'm not much into sweets but he really liked it and ended up taking half of the piece home too). Not many tables, about 5 inside and 5 outside. More for calling ahead and take out. They staff was friendly and the menu had a lot to offer. Salads, pasta, pizza, sandwiches, desserts. Overall it was a good experience and I'm sure we will be back!

• Visited September 2013
Naples, Florida
“Average”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

It was 2 time we were ordering pizza from Charlena's, first time it was pretty good, so we decided to order the same white pizza w/ mushrooms additional. We were very disappointed when we opened the box and saw a couple mushrooms from the can ( they were fresh 1st time) and 3 time less ricotta cheese. By the way we paid $16 for medium size pizza (12")

Visited August 2013