“Best pizza in the U.S”

L'Appetito Pizza & Deli
Ranked #275 of 992 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed April 7, 2013

As a Montrealer, I am picky about my pizzas as I believe we have the best. I like mine minimalistic with a wafer thin crust which I am told is called a NY or NJ pizza in the U.S. Well my friends in Florida took me to this little pizza joint close to their condos for lunch. I did not have great expectations and it is located in a strip mall however I humoured them. They are regulars and order directly with the cook so I asked him if he could make me a pizza marghuerita (tomato sauce, garlic and cheese) with very thin pizza. He responded with the self assurance of a master and I was not disappointed. I received an individual 10in pizza that was a Michelangelo sculpture and it tasted delicious. I had the added delight of bringing 2 slices home and crisping them under the grill for an appetizer with my wine the following evening. Thank you for delighting this visitor from the cold North!

There are newer reviews for L'Appetito Pizza & Deli

Reviewed March 18, 2013

It is only place in Naples that we eat pizza. I usually leave the crust on a pizza, but not at L'Appetito. It ever reheats good, using a pizza stone. When it is just the 2 of us, we order a large so we can have leftovers.Have had the salads, subs, and dinners - all very good. Love the Mini Chocolate Cannoli, but do not order them often.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The L' Apetito II is located off of Imokalee At the Randall rd. turn. I did not visit the one in northbrooke plaza. The food here is very good and the service is good as well. The owner or manager at this location is rude and abrasive to his employees which is a little unnerving to have to listen to him yelling at these kids while you are trying to enjoy your meal. The Pizza is the star on this menu but the Tiramasu and cheesecake are standouts also. The Calzones and pastas are also good and reasonably priced.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Small deli/pizza in a strip mall which offers large hot sandwiches, small cold subs, pizza, and other Italian dishes. Breakfast on weekends. Prices reasonable, staff friendly, food very good. Unless you are starving, suggest if there are two of you to agree on a sandwich and split it or plan on taking half of it home. The portions are large. Will be back..

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We were staying at the Hampton Inn close by and didn't feel like traveling far for dinner. The desk clerk suggested this restaurant. The portions were huge!!!! (If we had known how big the dinners were in advance, we would have split one.) Quality of the food was very good and the price was extremely reasonable. Service was find.