“Delicious Lunch”

Neighborhood: Park Shore
Smithtown, NY
“Delicious Lunch”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Cafe Normandie has a wonderful lunch menu. The quiche is delicious and is served with a light salad of field greens. The sandwiches are also very good. The salami sandwich is the best.
The owner is a very nice man and checks on all the tables to make sure everything is satisfactory. The Naples locals eat here at least 3 times a week. Give it a try. You won't be disappointed.

Houston, Texas
“Great Local Place!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed this place so much that we actually went here TWICE during our honeymoon. The restaurant features authentic French food at very reasonable prices. We discovered the restaurant owner is a Normandy native and all the employees are from Europe originally. During our first visit for lunch - we split the onion soup for starters and I had the turkey sandwich. We came back for dinner the next night. BIG TIP - they have a two for one dinner special on their entrees. We capitalized and tried the roasted chicken with mixed veggies and au gratin potatoes. An excellent local find that I highly recommend!

• Visited August 2013
Pompano Beach, FL / Bonn, Germany
“Fantastic lunch for four people.”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Went here for lunch. All four of us had different items and all of us found it excellent! The bread was so good I took a loaf home for dinner. The sandwiches are big and the bill was reasonable but not cheap. Service was great! Look forward to visiting Naples and this cafe again.

Naples, fl.
“Disappointed in Naples”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have been to Cafe Normandie in the past and always had a good meal so I
sent some Naples VIP'S to try some local restaurants of which Cafe Normandie was
on their list which this visited this week. I recommended this rest. and I feel bad because my VIP friends were very
disappointed. The French Onion soup was a mock of the real FO Soup. The Tomato Soup tasted like they opened up a can of tomato sauce and tomato paste and threw in a few
seasonings. Sandwiches were OK. Waiter/owner was present the day my friends were there and his personality had much to be desired. Even though he went up and down the aisles of tables he never checked to see how everyone was doing. My friends had to flag him down to ask for refills. I know that summer time is a more relaxing time of year but owners have to remember the locals frequent the restaurants more in the summer and help them get through the slow time.

1 Thank cguarneri
Naples, Florida
“Lovely little French cafe!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We went there with friends last week and were pleasantly surprised with the experience. The owner greeted us warmly and paid close attention to us throughout the evening even though the restaurant was full. The food was outstanding - 3 of the 4 in the party had duck which, apart from being the biggest duck I have ever seen, was tender, moist and crisp. To cap it off the desserts were superb - tarte tatin and crepes. So typically French and absolutely delicious. Altogther a wonderful experience. Highly recommended.

Visited July 2013