“Bringing Jamaica to the mainland”
Review of Del-Mel Restaurant - CLOSED

Del-Mel Restaurant
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I have fond memories of trips to Jamaica, and this restaurant was a treat that brought us the wonderful taste of the island. We both had the delicious jerk chicken and were delighted with the food, service, and the atmosphere... All of which were authentic. The woman behind the counter was a joy. We'll definitely be back next time we visit Naples!

1  Thank Clinton M

Reviewed March 27, 2013

This sweet little out of the way spot is like a brief escape to the Carribean. I had jerk chicken which came with rice and a fried plantain and cabbage. With sweet tea. It was all tasty, and the lady behind the counter was filled with good humor. Try something different!

2  Thank SheWhoTravels
Reviewed March 25, 2013

we had oxtail and jerk pork and lemon cake for dessert, it was delish. atmosphere was good too. it's like a piece of jamaica in naples.

1  Thank garth r
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stumbled onto Del-Mel by accident and what a treat! Our family of 5 all agreed it was one of the best things we did while in Naples. It is a small, charming, very casual family owned restaurant and the food is unreal! Mel, one of the owners came out and explained to us what we were eating and how it was made, adding" I cook all my food with love!" We had the rabbit, the jerk chicken, the cabbage and rice-all delicious and interesting to the palate. We also really enjoyed Mel's special sangria! Very well-priced, clean and feels like Jamaica!

1  Thank madeline g
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was introduced to Del-Mel at the Vanderbilt Farmers Market. I like to support locally owned family restaurants and I love the food so much I became a regular at the restaurant. The food is amazing, the atmosphere warm and the service personal. It is my new favorite restaurant and cannot get enough of the jerk chicken! Owner Pauline puts so much soul in her food which must be why it tastes so good. You don't just feel fed, you feel...nourished. You gotta try this place!

3  Thank krisglow