“Don't miss it if you are driving on Tamiami Trail.”
Review of Del-Mel Restaurant - CLOSED

Del-Mel Restaurant
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I've driven along Tamiami Trail south of Naples quite a few times, and Del-Mel is the best restaurant there.

Pauline (the owner) cooks from scratch, no ready-made supermarket-style stuff. The food is really amazing, proper family-style. Not heavy at all - leaves you feeling very comfortable after dinner.

I've never been to Jamaica, so I don't know how "authentic" the food is. All I can say is that it has some rather unusual combinations (e.g. cloves in rice or some apples in conch stew), and it tastes fantastic.

I definitely recommend stopping at Del-Mel if you are driving south-east on Tamiami.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

great place/clean!!
Coconut Shrimp--5 star
Seafood Gumbo--5 star
Grouper--curry!!!5 star

Owner son---great guy!!!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was surprised by the quaint atmosphere, and the personal service. The place was very clean and food was delicious and reasonably price. Next time I am in Naples I will be stopping by.

1  Thank beres49
Reviewed January 31, 2013

If you are in the mood for especially flavorful Caribbean food, this is your place. I ordered the curried conch stew and was blown away by the taste. (I had the option of ordering with or without curry and with or without a spice preparation -- talk about making it your way!) The conch was quite tender, the curry was superb, and the spice preparation -- which is presented on the side allowing the diner to add as much or as little to taste -- was both hot and complex in flavor. The stew was served with a generous portion of rice and (black and red) beans as well as some fried plantains. The owner/chef uses coconut milk in the preparation of these side dishes and that adds a very pleasant, and appropriately Caribbean, twist. I enjoyed very morsel of my meal. And at $14, was astounded at the quality at that price.

There is so much else to like about this place. It's between Marco and Naples and (happily) away from the tourists and the high prices that confront them in downtown Naples. It's a well appointed space with tables positioned well apart and some counter space for the single diner (like me). And it has the necessary Jamaican trappings: the Bob Marley poster, reggae music turned down low, and an incredibly friendly, helpful, and responsive owner/chef. Be prepared to have conversation with her; a lot of conversation!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

There Was An Event At Marco Island ; I Ended Up To DEL & MEL; Im Very Picky But That Day The Service Was Great And The Food Was Delicious, Everything Was Clean And Neat, Well Professional! I Just Found Out She Has Her Restaurant In Naples Fl. I Can't Wait To GoThere With My Family!