“Fantastic Family Owned Jamaican Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Del-Mel Restaurant - CLOSED

Del-Mel Restaurant
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating
Flagstaff, Arizona, United States
“Fantastic Family Owned Jamaican Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

Why would anyone eat at a chain when gems like Del-Mel exist in the world?

We had a delicious, healthy, affordable, educational and fun meal at Del-Mel. Much of the charm of this place is it's shrewd, talented and truly lovely owner Pauline! She's a great cook and business woman who warmed our hearts as much as our bellies.

The curried chicken and jerk chicken were perfectly prepared as were the sides. Pauline regaled us with stories of Jamaica, educated my son in the ways of owning a small business and truly impressed us with her with her approach to life, business and family.

We fell in love with Del-Mel and Pauline at first bite!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Scott K

Naples, Florida
“The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

The best food. All of the food is made by Pauline. I mean she makes everything! The curry is to die for, wheather it is chicken, goat or conch it is the best.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank missygirloo1
“Awesome Jamaican Food!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

My husband & I are from Miami but we were by the area today so we remembered that one of his co-workers had mentioned Del&Mel if we ever were in Naples. We passed by & saw that this was no fancy place but it seemed very cozy, so we decided to give it a try before leaving Naples. My husband ordered the oaxtail & I ordered the jerk chicken. Both of these plates came with rice & peas, cabbage, and plantains. Pauline the owner & chef said she will put the spicy sauce on the side, and we were ok with that. When Pauline gave us our plates my husband & I looked at each other & said "I think we made the best choice". Both of these meals were delicious & we both were extremely happy. We then spent a few minutes speaking with Pauline about how she started her business, and we are glad we heard her story. Finally, we tried the rum cake, and it was very yummy! I will definitely recommed this place to anyone, this place is a gem & cant wait to come back again to try this homemade jamaican food!!!
Ps: You might think Pauline has a tough & not so nice attitude at first because you may not have come across this type of personality but please give her a chance. Once you speak to her & get to know her, you will be extremely surprised...she is a very hard-working & lovely lady!!!

2 Thank Hevenly80
Cook, Minnesota, United States
“DEL-MEL jamiacan restraunt made our party a sucess.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

April 19th Pauline and her crew catered our dinner. We are an over 55 retirment community(Marco Shores Estates). Our committee was inexperianced at doing this kind of thing and Pauline helped us make very good choices in the planning phases. Additionally when we were a week before the event; we learned that we did not have as many persons as we had planned. Pauline worked with us on adjusting the order. On the day of the event, Pauline and her staff of two arrived well before the scheduled serving time and set up the serving area. She brought her own tables, insulated food carriers, stainless steel serving pans and beautiful flowers. At the appointed time Pauline and her staff server dinner and answered questions (this was the first time most of the people had eaten jerk chicken and pork). We had requested the food to be seasoned mildly and it was. For those that we more adventuresome there was a very flavorful condement that answered their desires. After the meal was served, the entire area was cleaned up and the leftovers we covered and set on a nearby table. Yes, I SAID LEFTOVERS! Pauline had planned a reasonable portion and served it so that people counld have gone back for more.

Pauline did everything that she promised and more!

Pauline was a real gem to work with and if you have any additional questions; please contact me at computer@rangenet.com.

Thanks again Pauline. You should ask about the lemon cake. I loved it.

Mike

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Mike N
“Exquisite Carribean Fare on the Gulf!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012 via mobile

I used to live in Jacksonville Florida and ate at a Carribean restaurant there that was traditional and Fabulous. For years now after moving away I haven't had good Oxtails with peas & rice. Recently I ate with a friend at Del-Mel's and it was FABULOUS!!! ......and the friendly and respectful service from Mrs. Pauline and her family is full of Carribean smiles and spice. So, great food in a great atmosphere with wonderful service...... What more could anyone want? GO NOW and ENJOY DEL-MEL 's Carribean cuisine!

4 Thank Jeff C