“Real New York pizza”

Aldos Ristorante
Ranked #468 of 988 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Champlin
“Real New York pizza”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have never been to New York, but my husband has. He said this is the closest thing to New York pizza he has had since being there for the real thing. I usually like a lot of sauce and cheese on my pizza, but the excellent crust on this pizza made up for what I thought was lacking at first. They also have pasta and more on the menu.

Visited February 2013

Ave Maria, Florida
“Skip this one for pizza and alcohol.”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Ok...This review is based on my experiences with eating Pizza at Aldo's. Meh... Generous 2 stars. OK...Friday night and a typical 25 minute wait. Brisk business is going on inside and out. The regulars are flowing in and out. I am in the mood for veal and my wife wants to give the pizza another try...Sigh...Didn't care for it last time if I recall but endure I must.. Dark inside with mostly 2 large TVs doing most of the illumination beyond table candles. Waiting long enough to review the drinks and dinner menus around 5 times. My wife and I agree to the Italian Margaritas and waters. Reading the menu a few more times and then these massive drinks arrive with great anticipation. My wife loves hers. She downs it via straw and licking the sugary rim in minutes. I savor mine and just wished that it had a better kick as margaritas should. The Desaronno amoretto was a great touch and the love of my drink which I expected to last for a while, dissipated as I realized that I purchased a glass of ice. This drink has little value to me. We agree on a 16' pizza with my half with mushrooms and meatballs.... Drinks are gone and we tend to our waters as the silent TVs simulcast a golf tournament. Now a simple glass of water can keep me happy. Not tonight... This restaurant has to seriously invest in a filtration system. I did not expect this! Endure once again. My wife and I entertain each other well but we both seem to be looking around at who is actually getting their food Why so many crossed arms? Is it the cool weather or a bit of anger on the cusp of venting? I start playing with my new beard and the pizza comes. It is slid onto the classic raised aluminum tray stand and we say we are set to eat. I always try my pizza without adding stuff... The crust on the edges is way over crisp and the toppings settled towards the middle and sogged out the inner pizza so much that the toppings just slid off giving me an even sauce less crust. I eat the best I can and quickly discover that the pizza is flavorless. Seriously flavorless. I won't have garlic or oregano or basil or any sort of decent burp later on. The mushrooms were lacking everything. The meatballs were merely flavored ground beef. The sauce is what really needs help. Try an onion or garlic for crying out loud. Our waiter didn't care to see if all was well. He was cordial and smiles though. When we were seated however, I did indicate that I would like to hear his recommendations and they were never in his mind as he took our order. Fine...we got what we asked for. I will say this... A measure of a quality pizza is noted by me eating the entire crusts. I left almost 3 inches of crust. It was really a disappointment and I will return to try something totally different. Just not for a saucy dish.
Skip this one if you know pizza.
Otherwise...You must endure like I did..

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Rin Tin T
Naples, Florida
“Great food and cordial, efficient service”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Forced to find an alternate dining venue on Valentine's Day, we and another couple chose to try Aldo's without a reservation, They accommodated us with less than a 20 minute wait. The food and service was excellent - with ample portions.

You can count on Aldo's!

Visited February 2013
Naples, Florida
“Great Pizza and Half-Price Beer! What's not to Like?”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

If you're looking for a light meal in a charming environment, try Aldo's Ristorante in the Kings Lake Shopping Center. Unlike 'NYlova,' we have never been disappointed on our many visits.

In our most visit, we enjoyed our standard small Pulcinella Pizza with a couple of draft Amber Bocks, served by our attentive and competent server, Chad. With the total price under $20 - we still took 1/2 a pizza home for the next day.

• Visited January 2013
“Great pizza!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Continuing my pizza tour of Naples I tried Aldos. This is definitely one of the best ny style pizzas around. Actually that's all there really is around here with the exception of maybe three Midwest style pizzerias and two hoety toety places where you can get roasted duck tofu flatbread or something crazy like that. Anyways the pizza here was very good. The crust had a great flavor and the toppings were tasty and plentiful. This is a must try place. I would put it in the top 4 pizzerias that I have tried so far.