“Not sure what to say.....”
Review of Bamz Deli & Grill

Bamz Deli & Grill
Ranked #389 of 1,004 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Went there because I had heard about the great sandwiches. Mostly though, the first place I intended to go was already closed. Yes, the portions are huge, yes it is a good value.

Definitely a plebeian decor from the outside, indoors was very dark and dingy. Many locals and regulars in the place. House specials are Reuben, Philly Cheesesteak, and the Prime Rib. I lived in Philly for 11 years, so I was advised to automatically crossed that one off the list. I chose the first one and you actually get two sandwiches. Meat is piled high, bread a little undertoasted. But the value of meal and its legend made it worth the trip.

Go back? Maybe. Next time I intend to get to my original choice before it closes for the day. ;-)

Reviewed February 7, 2014

The portions were so big it was embarrassing, the locals laughed when our food was delivered, it was obvious it was our first time there. We got one Philly cheesesteak and one chef salad for the two of us and ate about half. There is a large stack of to go boxes right by the door for convenience sake! My husband actually asked the server if they make a profit. The food was fresh and tasty, great coleslaw.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Yes, the portions are huge and the value tremendous. Yes, you'd do well to pay the $3 supplement and share a platter. Yes, the fried fish is to die for, and the baby-beef liver excellent, as well as being a surprising menu item in such a place. We went twice for dinner and the service (waitress was Pam?) was friendly and efficient, the food amazingly good. We dropped by a third time for breakfast and found the waitress (not Pam) on the telephone, tables not cleared and an altogether different vibe. Chances are you'll be OK, but at least now I can understand why the reviews are so mixed.

1  Thank HughJarres
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Nor can you tell the quality of food you'll receive in a restaurant by its decor, externally or internally. After reading reviews for Bamz Deli & Grill, we had to try it. And, my wife and I were very happy we did. The food was very good ( Ruben for my and fried oysters for my wife) Both portions were larger than normal. My sandwich was about twice the size I expected and came with chips and very good coleslaw. The oyster meal came with about a dozen large fried oysters and very good French Fries. Wine or beer are available although the selection is not large. This is a very unpretentious place that serves very good food and lots of it. There is one table outside and 10 - 12 inside. Owned and operated by a husband and wife who were friendly and inviting. We will definitely go back.

1  Thank Larry P
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This restaurant was very deceptive. From the outside it looks honestly, like a hole in the wall. On entry the staff is very nice and the place is clean. ALL the food our group ordered was delicious. Roast beef, grouper, corned beef, hamburgers and hotdogs. The slaw was even great. The service was a little slow but it was one person so not her fault. I would recommend this to anyone in that area!

2  Thank Heth25