“Delicious Pizza, Great Service!!”

Cosmos Italian Cafe and Pizzeria
Ranked #79 of 1,016 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Old Naples
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had a group of 16 and we were trying to find a good pizza place. We saw a review for Cosmos in the paper and decided to try it out. We called days in advance and also again the day we were going and they would not take a reservation. We decided to try it anyway and luckily were accommodated. We sent a group over early to get tables & lucked out with getting tables fairly quickly. It was packed and there were lots of people waiting outside as we had our dinner. We had 5 different pizzas and they were all FABULOUS! The margarita pizza was the favorite! Our server Ashley was very friendly and did a great job with our big group. We would all highly recommend Cosmos for the pizza and the service and will return again.

2  Thank Amy B

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We went to Cosmos tonight because I was craving good pizza and I heard they had the best pizza in Naples. The place was packed and I fully expected this from what I've read in other reviews. We got there early (around 5:15 p.m.) and got seated immediately. Ten minutes later people had to start waiting for tables.

The waiter brought us a little basket of bread, which was decent. I dipped the bread on a mix of Olive Oil and grated Parmesan cheese that was available on the table.

We started with a Caprese salad appetizer. It was just ok; would've been much better if the strips of basil were fresher.

As I mentioned before the place was packed. We waited a long time for the pizza to come. Quite a long time, actually. I noticed that a lot of other tables were waiting a long time for their food, too, and you could tell people were getting impatient. It crossed my mind that maybe they were "unexpectedly" busy since IT IS off-season, but from the reviews I've read, it seems this place is always packed so they should be experienced at this already. I also read that in the past, the owner used to hand out glasses of wine to people waiting outside (so they wouldn't leave). I didn't notice that or any other little thing they could've done to ease the wait... like serving more bread or something.

Finally our pizza came. It was a little undercooked. The dough was still a little bit uncooked. It could've used another three minutes or so in the oven. Other than that, the pizza was ok. Nothing to rave about like John's or Patsy's in New York. I also noticed the table next to us returned their pizza because theirs was burned. They waited almost a half hour for a replacement pizza and it would've been nice if they were offered something while waiting.

After we finished the pizza, the waiter came with the check without asking us if we wanted any coffee or dessert. We asked for a dessert menu and he came back with a dessert tray. I had spumoni, it was so so. My wife had a cannoli. I didn't ask her how it was, but I did notice when she was eating it that a large part of the middle of the cannoli was devoid of any filling.

Maybe they were just having an off night tonight, but there are surely other places I'd like to try for pizza (Caffe Portofino in Naples, although he only has a couple of tables, and Grimaldi's in Ft. Myers, etc.) so we probably won't be returning here anytime soon.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Ate at Cosmos on two different nights, but the highlight for me was the pizza.

1  Thank ScramblinSooner
Reviewed June 22, 2012

My husband and I recently dined at Cosmos after hearing good reviews from our Italian relatives. I pride myself with my family in knowing good Italian food when I see, smell and taste it. I had a wonderful lightly breaded chicken dish that brought back memories of my Bostonian roots. The dish wasn't overdone with extra flavors, which is more authentic. The bruschetta was aromatic with lots of basil, garlic and crunchy bread..again simple and delicious. The service was especially delightful as well. We will make this one of our favorite local spots, which is on a very short list. Bravo a tutti!

1  Thank mafl41
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Excellent food and service. Best pizza in Naples. Superb lamp shank and spaghetti.

1  Thank Mesampsell