“Real Italian food”

Cosmos Italian Cafe and Pizzeria
Ranked #73 of 984 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Old Naples
Naples, Florida
“Real Italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

Cosmo's has great pizza but it also has exceptional Italian fare. This family run restaurant treats regulars like family and newcomers as honored guests. We come here at least twice a month.

4 Thank Jerry D

knoxville, tn
“A delightful drive-by surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

So, we're stopping over in Naples for the night on our way home from the Keys and we're tired and hungry and in the mood for some takeout pizza.

We checked out one place that had good reviews, but after eyeballing it from the parking lot I wasn't convinced. I had noticed this Cosmos place on the way there, and said to my wife maybe we should go back and check out that place instead.

We were glad we did.

Look, pizza is (or should be) pretty simple. It's crust made from flour and water and yeast with some tomato sauce and cheese. What could go wrong? In fact, there are a million ways to screw it up. Making a good pizza involves some science and just as much art. And good ingredients. Pizza isn't a gourmet affair, but it can be if made right.

I have been practicing for years, and have been so obsessed as to order tomatoes and flour from Italy. I still can't get it right. (Being hampered somewhat by not having an 800 degree pizza oven or a wood fired oven setup.)

Cosmos makes the pizza I have been trying to make all these years.

We were pretty scruffy and didn't want to be seated inside, so our server graciously explained the menu and took our order. We asked if we could wait outside on the patio (which was unoccupied because of the late hour and chilly temperature) with our puppy who'd been riding in the car too long and needed a break. No problem. They brought our wine and some nice breads with olive oil to snack on while we waited. Our handsome and charming sever came out and chatted with us and made sure we were comfortable and had whatever we wanted.

While the pizza was pretty great, what impressed us more was the restaurant vibe. It was full of life and everyone was happy and laughing and enjoying themselves. Which is usually a pretty good sign. (And the food on their plates looked pretty good too.) The service was warm, welcoming, and attentive - like you were family. Several groups coming and going were multi-generation families, some speaking Italian. All happy to be there. Another good sign.

Bonus, there's an Italian market next door (which I assume is affiliated) with the authentic imported good stuff ingredients.

Anyway, judging from their pizza and the atmosphere of their restaurant, this is a place we would visit frequently if we lived there.

4 Thank SKBubba
South Florida, Florida
“Real Italian Food...Finally in Naples”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

I have struggled over the years to find an authentic Italian Food Restaurant in Naples that is consistently fantastic. After several visits to Cosmos, I am totally hooked. The food is always fresh and piping hot. The pasta dishes are to die for and the pizza is exceptional. Try the mussels, clams, meatballs and the homemade soups - the soups are REAL homemade Italian made with love.

I love the fact that the young owner floats around the entire restaurant and hugs and kisses patrons openly and has a big belly laugh and speaks with that wonderful Italian restaurant. He knows how to treat his customers. He hovers around and makes sure your glasses are filled and your bellies are getting full. He is a big attraction for me - meaning, he makes me feel right at home. I feel like I am in an Italian movie!

While you may find cheaper restaurants for Italian like those $29.99 for two deals, I have decided to spend a little more and get top quality food and great service. I can sit in Cosmos and eat and drink as long as I like and not be rushed.

This is a big favorite for the locals and snowbird as well. Oh, don't forget to try out the new deli next door they just opened up!

2 Thank glittertravel
Naples, Florida
“Great time, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

We are very critical of italian food and this place did not disappoint. The staff was friendly and attentive the food was fantastic in both quality and quantity and it was priced right. Not a 'fine dining, white tablecloth' kind of place, just great food fair prices and dynamite people. Loved it and recommend it highly. It's a low rent excellent meal steps from the high rent district.....

2 Thank Lynne L
Washingtonville, New York, United States
“Sicilian perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

Excellent soup, pizza, service, salad. Must go! I wish it was located in NY!

Visited January 2012