“We can't wait to return.”

Cafe and Bar Lurcat
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe and Bar Lurcat is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 988 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Old Naples
Cross street: Fifth Street
Transit: Naples Trolley Services
Description: Cafe and Bar Lurcat Naples is located in Old Naples on the very hip and urban Fifth Avenue South. The space includes 140 seat bar and lounge, 160 seat restaurant, outdoor patio with seating, and a private dining room. Cafe Lurcat has a menu that reflects the New American food movement. Our Chef reinterprets classics and creates fresh, honest preparations from seasonal, artisanal ingredients. Bar Lurcat offers an a la carte "small plates" menu available for dinner and late night dining where Guests can relax, socialize and enjoy serious wine and great food. Stop in and experience our new Voyage menu through March featuring the highlights from SouthEast Asia.
LONDON
“We can't wait to return.”
Reviewed August 14, 2006

This is the best restaurant in Naples!!! Bar none.
When ever I'm in Naples(we're Brits) this where my wife and I eat here every chance we get. A fabulous menu (great starters!), great lunch and earlybird deals, a very good wine list(by american standards LOL) , fantastic staff and service and even very cool music.
Try the Miso cod, get a booth early,and groove to Miles Davis or Groove Armada while eating the best that Florida has to offer.

1 Thank MILES4MILES

double oak, tx
“Don't miss out on this restaurant!!!”
Reviewed July 6, 2006

Cafe Lurcat is one of the best things about Naples, Florida we encountered. What a great restaurant! Atmosphere, service and delicious food! The pot roast was better than my Moms. Sorry, Mom! Also you can't leave without trying the chocolate cake or the warm doughnuts. YUMMMMMMMMMY!

2 Thank mellymomma
Sarasota, Florida
“Hit and miss on service.”
Reviewed June 27, 2006

Have eaten here four times in the past year. What keeps us going back is the food which is always good. Of our four visits I can honestly say we have only had good service one time. Staff seems to spend most of their time congregating with each other than taking care of customers. If you want very good food and don't mind the below average service this place will be fine.

4 Thank jm98md
“Loved Cafe Lurcat”
Reviewed June 17, 2006

I am not sure why this restaurant isn't listed on Trip Advisor yet. I was delighted with my experience at Cafe Lurcat. I found out about Cafe Lurcat from a link on Tripadvisor. It is recommended in a New York Times article "36 hours in Naples." Unfortunately I did not take any pictures. It is on 'restaurant row' in the town. I would call this restaurant upscale casual. The food is excellent and the prices are reasonable. There is plenty of seating outdoors on a raised veranda. There is a trendy lounge area that has large sofas to hang out or have dinner. There is also an upstairs area which I did not see and that has the same menu as downstairs but with a few more entree selections. Prices on both menus are the same. The staff calls the atmosphere throughout, casual. We ate outside, which is in the front of the restaurant at a table for two, by candle light. We thought the service was really fantastic. The waiter was professional, courteous and sincere. I ended up having three and a half cocktails (about $12) and they were pretty strong. I started with a French Maid martini which features Tahitian vanilla and lavender and a little flower like you see in Hawaii in the center. Then I had a watermelon mojito which came in a pint sized glass. My husband and I shared a chocolate martini...and the fourth one eludes me right now. I can tell you that the wine selection is very extensive and there are several by the glass starting at I believe about $9 for the 6oz. Many of their wines are pricier. So you might see a glass for say $17. You can get a taster size, 6oz. or 10oz. My husband tried a Sancerre by the glass which he liked. We had two appetizers from the downstairs menu, and two main courses - one from the upstairs menu (our waiter brought us both) and one from the 'bar' menu. From the downstairs menu we had a combination platter ($16) which is portioned for one and on the smaller side, featuring a tuna tartare, a snapper ceviche, two oysters and some buttered toast points. The tuna tartare really stood out. The tuna itself was flawless and had a beautiful smooth texture. There was some cilantro. I loved it so much I ordered it again by itself in lieu of dessert! It was a bigger portion by itself. We also had a crab cake ($12). The waiter had told us that there would be no filler, and he was right. There were no lumps, but the crabmeat was very good and very moist. It was not all breaded on the outside or deep fried. It was a nice portion. There was a big smear of remoulade tasting sauce on the side. For the main course, we had the veal sweetbread with fresh morel mushrooms from the upstairs menu. It came tossed with some fresh pasta - just a little with the primary emphasis on the dish itself. It was excellent. My husband ordered Miso Chilean Sea Bass. Because he got the bar menu version, it was a 3 oz. fillet. It too was excellent. I think it came with a little pile of salad.. That too was excellent. We could taste a bit of butter in both of these but they were so good... We didn't get any but there are a number of interesting sides that you may order separately. I was tempted to get the roasted cauliflower or perhaps the gratin-like potatoes. The sides are portioned for sharing and seemed to be around $9. The sizes of the entrees are in line with what I expect in New York City, not in Miami where I think that they are much too large for what would be healthy. I was very happy. I just looked at their website and didn't find it that helpful but it's (---)
Also if you do a search on google you will find numerous glowing reviews from various sources. I will definitely go back. I should add that although I missed the sunset on the pier, we saw millions of little silvery fish swimming in banks and pelicans just having a regular buffet. We got to see the neatest thing a big school of little rays gliding through the water right by the pier. Earlier that day we kayaked in Captiva. Swam in the Golf of Mexico. Saw industrious 12-15 little raccoons, various birds and one otter on our Wildlife drive through JN Ding Darling National Refuge.

2 Thank Stephanie B