“Sophisticated dining & Bar environment directly on 5th Avenue Naples Florida”

Cafe and Bar Lurcat
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe and Bar Lurcat is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 1,016 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Old Naples
Cross street: Fifth Street
Transit: Naples Trolley Services
Description: Cafe and Bar Lurcat Naples is located in Old Naples on the very hip and urban Fifth Avenue South. The space includes 140 seat bar and lounge, 160 seat restaurant, outdoor patio with seating, and a private dining room. Cafe Lurcat has a menu that reflects the New American food movement. Our Chef reinterprets classics and creates fresh, honest preparations from seasonal, artisanal ingredients. Bar Lurcat offers an a la carte "small plates" menu available for dinner and late night dining where Guests can relax, socialize and enjoy serious wine and great food. Stop in and experience our new Voyage menu through March featuring the highlights from SouthEast Asia.
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I highly recommend the sophisticated restaurant bar on 5th Avenue Naples. The owner operators know what you're doing And the food atmosphere and wine is always good! Fun late night happy hour that starts at 10 p.m.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My daughter and I decided to sit at the bar and enjoy a drink and appetizer. Firstly the bartender was extremely rude, I had ordered a gin and tonic and on my first sip I noticed the tonic was completely flat, he took a sip then spat it in the sink in front of me. He then proceeded to make me a second one, then yet again it was the same, so I told him I would just have a glass of iced water, which was slammed down in front of me. They did take the drink off my bill, but will not
be going back anytime soon!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We have eaten at Cafe Lurcat many, many times and this visit did not measure up to past visits. We made our reservation two weeks before our visit and requested an upper level outdoor balcony table. When we arrived we were told that it was a 30 minute wait for an outdoor table; this was the first time that our request for an outdoor table was not honored. When we were seated it took the bus boy and waiter 5 - 8 minutes to appear. After that, service was good with a little help from the manager. The ginger fried rice was unique, but lacked a ginger taste. My wife's tuna tartare was very good and nicely presented. The rack of lamb special was very good. However, I asked for it to be cooked medium and what was served was medium rare. Not bad enough to send back, but not Cafe Lurcat's normal attention to detail. My wife's scallops were very tender and tasty. The two desserts, chocolate truffle crepe cake and dark chocolate profiteroles, were very good. The cappuccino was piping hot. Overall, a pretty good experience but it did not measure up to Cafe Lurcat's usual outstanding food and service. I hope that this was a one-time occurrence and not their new normal.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We attended the Naples Players production of "The Producers" on Sunday, March 24. After the play, we walked down 5th Ave looking for a great place to share a meal. We were drawn in to Cafe Bar Lurcat with its modern decor and nice outdoor eating verandah. We enjoyed the raised verandah giving us a wonderful view of 5th Ave and the ongoing Art Fair. The service was excellent, especially Molly(our server), who made our meal a hit with her suggestions. We had the 2/$50 early dinner menu(EDM)special. We had a choice of 3 different salads, four different proteins and finally dessert. My wife chose the Brick Chicken, which she felt was the savoriest chicken dish she had in a long time. I tried the salmon which I never order but I felt adventurous. I was rewarded with perhaps the best prepared salmon meal I've every ate. It was perfectly prepared over a bed of zucchini. It was moist, tender and a joy to eat. For dessert, we had State Fair type finger doughnuts which were finger licking good. With drink(rum/coke, ice tea & coffee, the bill came to $65(tax included). I threw in a $10 tip, for the wonderful service Molly provided. All in all we had a great experience at Cafe Bar Lurcat and will come back again.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

After some appetizers at other places we moved on for drinks and more appetizers here to Cafe Bar Lurcat. The decor is very modern, white tables and chairs, a crescent shaped glass bar that is illuminated and a grand staircase that leads to the upstairs dining. One thing I noticed was no wifi here, there is public 5th avenue wifi, but that doesn't work very well anywhere on 5th, at least this was my experience, I was told this was a cooperate decision. We had the pulled pork and fries, slider and fries, Philly cheesesteak sandwich, and cinnamon sugar doughnuts all were excellant. If I remember correctly the Philly Cheesesteak was the only item not on the happy hour menu though. We sat at the bar, service was good, and the drinks were good as well, they have a great selection of top shelf liquors. I never made it back for dinner but the one of the managers suggested the pot roast with red wine, if I did make it back for a dinner. I noticed they accept reservation through Opentable.