“Persian cuisine - nice option on 5th Avenue in Naples”
Review of Bha! Bha! Bistro

Bha! Bha! Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Bha! Bha! Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 990 Restaurants in Naples
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Description: Bha! Bha! Is an innovative Persian bistro. A chic south Florida Persian inspired and influenced BISTRO. The interior is very sharp and elegant,.. 5Th avenue chic yet with some Persian touches. It "resembles a Persian jewel box". It features classic Persian food as well as Persian fusion food. I have always billed it as that. In fact the word "INNOVATIVE" appears on our marquis and websites and other various advertisements; yes, even on this very site. Popular classic items such the authentic Ghorme Sabzi, Fesenjune, Bademjune, Halleem and Kashke` Bademjune , Aash soup and all Chelo kabobs are all present on the menu. More than half of the menu is dedicated to other various fusion food: shrimp, fresh fish, seafood, couscous, paella etc......Innovative techniques with Persian inspirations. The menu price range is in line with our neighboring restaurants here in downtown Naples. This is a Bon Appetit recommended and James Beard recognized restaurant. Although I am constantly inspired by all other cuisines, but my food should not be stereotyped with Arabic, Turkish, Indian, etc. Or any other single ethnicity. My signature food at Bha! Bha! Bistro remains just that. My signature cooking here includes many dishes on my menu that perhaps are not seen or recognized in a typical Persian restaurant. Although all the classic Persian ingredients like pomegranates, mint, saffron, rose water, turmeric, cardamom, pistachios, basmati rice, etc...Are used here, however they are not all packaged into one entree. Among the 3 dozens items on my menu some are packed with flavors and some are kept low key for the respect of diners who may not be too enthusiastic about overwhelmingly pungent flavors. My staff will go out of their way to guide the dinners into a perfect union with their choices. I invite you to come over and allow me to entice all your culinary senses by what I have created over the past 27 years. Eagerly welcoming you. Michael Mir, exec. Chef/Owner
Aventura, Florida
“Persian cuisine - nice option on 5th Avenue in Naples”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Recently dined at Bha Bha Persian Bistro for the first time. We were excited because we have enjoyed authentic Persian cuisine on numerous occasions in Boston and Los Angeles. However, we were aware that Bha Bha Bistro is based on "innovative" Persian cuisine and did not know what to expect. Upon arrival we were promptly greeted and seated. The outdoor seating is facing a parking lot and did not appeal to us so we sat inside. The decor is simple and contemporary. The bathrooms are decorated with a little more Persian influence and they were clean (important). We started with the classic hummus, bottle of wine, for entrees we ordered the Braised Lamb Shanks “Ghormeh Sabzi,” Spicy Apricot Chicken and Branzino fish dish, which was one of the specials that evening. For dessert we shared the Persian Baklava. All the dishes were plentiful, delicious and certainly innovative. Although some ingredients such as saffron are substituted we still enjoyed it. The service was very good. Daniela was very professional, attentive and friendly without being intrusive. Several staff members checked in on our table throughout the evening. Unfortunately, I'm still craving authentic Persian Zereshk Polo, but maybe next time it will be on the menu.

Rockport, Maine, United States
“Dining in Naples”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Restaurant has moved to new, trendy location. Previously location was more intimate. Food was good, not excellent. My chicken kabobs were dry. Wait person very friendly but much too long between courses. Also, obvious attempt to upsell. Tables for two were two long for quiet conversation. The old location, even though in strip mall, was quiet and romantic.

2 Thank rmr100
“Here from cape cod, ma”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Our last visit was in Naples and we decided to try something different that cape cod doesn't offer. Being New England natives, we couldn't help but try the Butternut soup. I have to admitt, it was delicious and offered a different "twist" to it than your typical harvest soup. For dinner, my friend tried the salmon which had a light but detected spice to it which made it fun. I tried the Apricot chicken which was also delicious and paired well with my soup. Atmosphere was comfortable and our server Michelle was professional, kind and courteous. She made our experience well worth coming back alone! We will be sure to spread the word over cape cod about our fine dining experience. See you in 2014!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Not so Persian, not a bistro”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The place leaves a mixed impression. Its failed attempt at upscale white table cloth experience is apparent in everything, from an untrained waitstaff to blunt food to non-existent atmosphere.

Wine list is mediocre. So is the food. The artichoke was clearly a canned one - in the middle of artichoke season! The kabobs were under-marinated, under-salted and lacking in flavor. Beef one was chewy and chicken one was too dry. The rice was OK, although they clearly substituted most of the spices with cheaper mock-ups. Zereshk is NOT cranberry, it's a different plant. And of course they did not use real saffron.

Now, to the waitstaff. I noticed a waiter drinking wine left-overs from the bottle TWICE!
Another waiter left the table half-way through the round of water to answer a cellphone call.

When it comes to pricing, it's too high on the food and simply shameless on wines.

All in all - a disappointment.

2 Thank tired_on_a_mission
michael m, Owner at Bha! Bha! Bistro, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear "tired_on_a_mission":
We appreciate the comments that you have posted. As the owner and the initiator of this restaurant with its 16 year history in Naples, (and 10 years prior in Maryland); my intention has always been to bring non-corporate, non-conveyer-belt, real home cooking food to my guests. In return, my guests have validated this many times as has The James Beard Foundation of New York,.... TWICE!
It may be unfortunate that my new location on 5th has failed to please you. During the design period, the talented Argentinean architect, my partner and I were keen to feature something to 5th avenue not necessarily reminiscing of a typical restaurant that one may find in Damascus, Baghdad or Tehran. Thus Bha! Bha! Persian Bistro specializing in "Innovative Persian" food (as described on its marquis) on 5th. If you were perhaps expecting flying carpets and Caliph's lush cushions and drapes, we regret that was never our intention.
It is a known fact that every night, I myself, my sophisticated European trained manger as well as my excellent staff check the well being of each table repeatedly. Surely one of us could not have missed you!? You could have voiced your concern to one of us so we could have rectified the situation or at least not have charged you for something unworthy of our menu? I simply am baffled at guests such as yourself who reply: "everything is great" when in fact it may not be. It is highly appreciated when we get the opportunity to correct a situation rather than hearing about it from another source later?! I am puzzled at such habits and I cant help to wonder about the motive behind them.
I certainly will not pay for dried chicken or though beef at my local supermarket knowing how expensive food ingredients have become! I would not want my good guests to pay for something not worthy of its indicated price. Never-the- less, you have failed and overlooked these facts and only have mentioned the high prices of our alleged "inexpensively purchased spices" or our high priced "mediocre" wines. The fact is that my spices are trucked in from an international merchant located in Orlando which in turn acquires from India, the Middle East or California and even some from Iran! keeping such facts and the cost of such transportations in mind, next time when you are dinning in a "non-corporate boutique chef owned" restaurant and when and if you hear the sound of crashing plates or glassware, remember that many such hidden costs may be only a fractions of the mark up on your wine bottle or your drink.
My present staff and I opened this location 6 months ago. These fine individuals take pride in our daily 30 minutes educative staff meeting. One's apparent response to a cell phone or perhaps what which may has (allegedly) appeared as a "nip at the bottle" is beneath their level of proven dedication to my restaurant. Never-the- less, we have examined this matter.
Although you are correct about the "Zereshk" and I must congratulate you on your first hand (or inside) knowledge, you must admit that explaining such a rare and unfamiliar ingredient to the every day diner, may require a little sense of comparison. "dried cranberry", "barberry" or a "currants" may have be the best facilitating communiqué. The Iranian Americans or individuals who may have lived or visited Iran usually know exactly what Zereshk is, and if this fact relates to you, I beg for your understanding not to compare my cooking to your "good uncle" or "an aunt's ". I do not necessarily cook like my own "aunt Nelly or uncle Hassan"! We do not presume and neither we expect you to. My cooking is exactly as it indicates: "my Innovate Persian Cuisine".

As for the Eggplant Artichoke appetizer, Some dishes may only yield their expected result NOT always with an ingredients in its original form. Sometime the best French Cassoulet IS done with a can of cannellini beans! yes perhaps the same which may be served at Le Bernardin for $$$!! My Eggplant Artichoke recipe is 20 years old. It dose not yields right with fresh steamed artichokes. That is entirely a different dish.
Mr.(Ms.) tired_on_a_mission; (amusing name by the way!) again we regret that we failed to provide you with an impressive experience. Upon your next visit, (should you wish to return to my restaurant) , I will be more than happy to personally see to your particular needs (if you promise not be so vindictive!)
Michael Mir, owner and executive chef
Plymouth
“Superb food and excellent service, would definately come back.”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Wow, what a lovely restaurant. The food is really well cooked and presented and the menu has a wide choice of unusual Persian dishes. We were extremely pleased with the care and excellent service provided by our waitress Michelle, who made our last night of our holiday very special and a night to remember. Thank you Michelle.