“I really do love this restaurant..”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bha! Bha! Bistro

Bha! Bha! Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Bha! Bha! Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 984 Restaurants in Naples
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bha! Bha! Is an innovative Persian bistro. A chic south Florida Persian inspired and influenced BISTRO. The interior is very sharp and elegant,.. 5Th avenue chic yet with some Persian touches. It "resembles a Persian jewel box". It features classic Persian food as well as Persian fusion food. I have always billed it as that. In fact the word "INNOVATIVE" appears on our marquis and websites and other various advertisements; yes, even on this very site. Popular classic items such the authentic Ghorme Sabzi, Fesenjune, Bademjune, Halleem and Kashke` Bademjune , Aash soup and all Chelo kabobs are all present on the menu. More than half of the menu is dedicated to other various fusion food: shrimp, fresh fish, seafood, couscous, paella etc......Innovative techniques with Persian inspirations. The menu price range is in line with our neighboring restaurants here in downtown Naples. This is a Bon Appetit recommended and James Beard recognized restaurant. Although I am constantly inspired by all other cuisines, but my food should not be stereotyped with Arabic, Turkish, Indian, etc. Or any other single ethnicity. My signature food at Bha! Bha! Bistro remains just that. My signature cooking here includes many dishes on my menu that perhaps are not seen or recognized in a typical Persian restaurant. Although all the classic Persian ingredients like pomegranates, mint, saffron, rose water, turmeric, cardamom, pistachios, basmati rice, etc...Are used here, however they are not all packaged into one entree. Among the 3 dozens items on my menu some are packed with flavors and some are kept low key for the respect of diners who may not be too enthusiastic about overwhelmingly pungent flavors. My staff will go out of their way to guide the dinners into a perfect union with their choices. I invite you to come over and allow me to entice all your culinary senses by what I have created over the past 27 years. Eagerly welcoming you. Michael Mir, exec. Chef/Owner
Santa Ana, Costa Rica
“I really do love this restaurant..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Inside and outside dining... The uniqueness of the food offerings, coupled with great service makes this one of my favorite restaurants in Naples... Being Persian foods, the spices, fruits and robust flavor of many lamb dishes make this a special and delightful place to enjoy the tastes of the middle East. I go back whenever possible.. The special icecreams are to be enjoyed by all.

• Visited March 2012

New York, New York, United States
“A Wonderful, Flavorful Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

My husband and I went just last night and had an incredible meal. The salad, with its mix of dried fruits, pomegranate seeds, spinach and feta was lovely; every bite a mix of flavors -- so eclectic and wonderful. The lamb meatballs were interesting and we both loved our entrees. We finished with the baklava and were not disappointed! A definite must try if you are visiting Naples.

• Visited January 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Wow! Gotta go back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

What a great surprise! I loved the martinis! I tilted to the Turkish Vanilla. Being a super fan of rosewater, I had to ask for more rosewater. My table mates sipped my drink and were more than pleased with less rosewater. Also loved the Mango Ginger martini. Food was great. I enjoyed the Qormeh Sabzi. If you are looking for authentic Persian food and flavors or chelo kebab, this is not the intent of the fusion restaurant. I enjoyed the experiments and would highly recommend the Shrimp appetizer with mango chutney. My table mates were more than pleased with the grilled offerings. As this was my first business dinner, I was worried about food and service. Not a problem. Service was great. Things were so good, I came back the next night! A definite thumbs up!

• Visited January 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

After reading excellent reviews we were very eager to try. Service was fine, but the food lacked punch. The ingredients in Persian cooking - pomegranate, plums, apricots, saffron, cinnamon, parsley, mint... The flavours should have been dancing, sadly, it was all very bland. Good, but bland, and consequently, disappointing.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Jayem54
michael m, Owner at Bha! Bha! Bistro, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear guest;
Thank you for visiting my restaurant and thank you for your comments.
This is my 3rd and final restaurant. I relocated from North Naples after a 15 year successful run. I wanted this interior to be very sharp, elegant, 5th avenue chic yet with some Persian touches. A collaborated vision between myself and the architect who described it as: "a Persian jewel box".
I updated my menu and am continuing my innovative and classic Persian creations.
The range is varied from somehow comfortable, simple and wholesome food to sophisticated and mutli level flavors ready to be enjoyed by all culinary food lovers.

There are many dishes on my menu that perhaps are not seen or recognized in a typical Persian restaurant. Yet, all the classic Persian ingredients like pomegranates, mint, saffron, rose water, cardamom, pistachios basmati rice etc...are all present; however they are not all packaged into one entre. Among the 3 dozens items on my menu some are packed with flavors and some are kept low key for the respect of diners who may not be too enthusiastic about overwhelmingly pungent flavors. Many of our Florida residents are older and have dietary restriction such as: low sodium, lactose intolerant, gluten free etc,.... however they always seem to find a perfect healthy choice on my menu.
My staff always guide the dinners into a perfect union with their choices.
I invite you to come back and allow us to entice your culinary senses and this time we will find a perfect choice for you
Eagerly welcoming you
Michael Mir
owner
Ottawa, Canada
“A great addition to the dining options on 5th Avenue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

We started with some innovative martinis; a mango-ginger one, and a saffron-lemon grass one, which was subtle and delightful. The bartender even told us how to replicate it.

What an interesting menu, full of new flavours for this area of Naples! We had appetizers of pistachio meatballs and a mix of feta, olives, walnuts and red onion served with fresh thick pita. Mains were three: a huge tender lamb shank (half of which I took home); the Sultani kebob (a combo of one skewer each of ground meat and lamb chunks); and salmon with a pomegranate glaze on a bed of lentils. Everything was spiced just right and perfect.

The servers were charming and attentive, and walked us through the unfamiliar items on the menu, even though it was a very busy night. The owner even came by to say Hi.

• Visited December 2012