“Good place to take the kids” 3 of 5 bubbles

Blue Fish Hibachi Steakhouse & Sushi Bar
Ranked #671 of 979 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: North Naples
Benalmadena, Spain
“Good place to take the kids”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

If you have sushi-loving kids who also happen to have large appetites, then you won't be disappointed in Blue Fish. The selection is kept replenished with myriad types of both raw and cooked ingredient maki, as well as nigiri sushi, although it's prinarily maki rolls. They also have small chunks of fish without rice sitting on ice. The opposite side of the buffet offers cooked options, salads and soups. Seafood choices include peel-and-eat shrimp, steamed mussels, snow crab, and clams. Additionally, there is a teppanyaki station for those who prefer to choose their raw ingredients and have them cooked while they wait. A senior citizen discount of 20% is offered if you pay cash. You must show ID. Regular price for the dinner buffet is $14.99. If you are in the mood for sushi and don't want to break the bank, Blue Fish is a nice option.

Visited December 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Good varieties and very reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

A great family restaurant for Asian food and Sushi. $8.50 for lunch buffet for over 40 styles from chow mein, fried chicken, tuna sushi, salmon sushi, ice cream, dessert cake. Worth a try !

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Venice, Florida
“Mediocre”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

Went here for our office Christmas party. The seating arrangement was quite good -- the way the hibachi tables were laid out made it easy for 20 or so of us to be able to communicate with each other. The hibachi chef was very personable, although not very skilled. The food was mediocre -- I definitely would not visit for the food. Everything was soy sauced to death, very salty, and I suspect lots of MSG, as I woke up with a terrible headache. If I hadn't seen the chicken being diced and cooked, I would have thought it was pre-cooked frozen chicken. It was very dry and the only taste it had was soy sauce.There was a two for one happy hour; they bring both drinks at once. My friend ordered a Mai-Tai and gave me her second one. I was glad I didn't pay for it -- not sure there was any alcohol and it was made with a mix, which I had never experienced before. I usually love Japanese salad dressing; this was not the usual. A colleague commented that the yemen sauce (yum-yum sauce) tasted like mayonnaise and ketchup.

For the atmosphere we were looking for, Blue Fish was good. Otherwise, I would go somewhere else.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Mamanaj
Naples, Florida
“The Worst”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Our first visit here and definitely our last. First off, we were seated and the waitress took our drink order and instructed us to go to the buffet. Upon returning, we noticed that they had given our table to someone else. So, we explained to the hostess that seated us that someone else was now at our table. While I can understand how this mistake can happen, the worst part about it was how the staff argued amongst themselves over who was at fault and seated someone else at our table. All while we stood in the middle of the restaurant with our plates of food in hand waiting for them to give us another table so that we could eat. While the food was average, the dessert was almost to die for. Literally. Upon eating a bowl of the rainbow sherbet, I noticed something "foreign" in my mouth and spit it out only to discover that it was a thumbtack! I immediately brought this to the attention of the staff. They took my bowl and the tack to a woman who worked there and about 2 minutes later she came to the table making excuses about kids probably playing and putting the tack into the ice cream at the buffet. I told her that I didn't care how it got there and that luckily I didn't swallow it or suffer any injury from it and that they immediately needed to remove it from the buffet! Then the final straw was that after all the trouble we'd had, the manager offered to only take 20% off of our meal. A pathetic $8! Are you kidding me? They're lucky they don't get sued for things like that in their food! We'll never again step foot in that place and if you're smart you won't either.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Denise J
Gouda, The Netherlands
“Great Sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We visit this restaurant since they opened and we have never been disappointed. Service can be a little rude and the restaurant looks a little tired but the food is always great.

We highly recommend this to any Sushi lover.

• Visited May 2013