“"Stone-Cold" tavern and grill”

Stonewood Grill & Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Stonewood Grill & Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #174 of 988 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North Naples
Bonita Springs, Florida
“"Stone-Cold" tavern and grill”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We had a gift certificate to Stonewood grill, not one of my all time favorites, but generally decent food on past visits. Extremely disappointed from the moment we walked thru the door. The hostess stand was manned by several young woman. Not one said welcome, hello, etc... Would barely make eye contact with us to acknowledge we were standing there. Then, even with a reservation, we ended up waiting a significant amount of time, and when we questioned one gentleman about our seating, he was quite snotty and we were abruptly shoved to a less than adequate booth that wasn't even cleaned properly from the previous occupants. We complained, no one cared, we left - even a gift certificate isn't enough to suffer through an unwelcoming staff, lack of cleanliness and the clear Inability of the employees to manage a busy evening. We will not try again, there are so many other wonderful choices in Naples, especially during the summer months. This place left us stone cold disappointed.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank L0vinFlorida

bermuda
“Great Happy Hour drinks and wine specials.”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

A very good steak house in a nicely designed bar and dining area service was so so but the food came fast so fast the wine arrived 10 minutes after the entree so I see a and had a glass instead. Go before 7pm and take advantage of the great drink and wine specials.

• Visited March 2012
Germany
“I'm not convinced”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

When we visit Naples, we stay always nearby Airport-Pulling Road and passed Stonewood many times when we drove to the beach or to other Restaurants. This time, we decided to give Stonewood a try when friends told us about their experience there.
The lunch menu card includes only a limited selection of meals. The first price impression is, too high. Turning the menu card to the backside brings a good selection of white and red wines. Again, over priced with the cheapest glas starting at 9,-$ and the bottle for 36,-$.
However, we ordered two glasses white wine, some water and Bruschetta as appetizer to share. The main meal was Chicken Caesar Salad for my wife and Seared Ahi Tuna for me. So, nothing special, these meals are everywhere available for less bucks.
The Bruschetta was well prepared, the bread was nicely roasted, the Tomato topping was perfect with herbs and the plate was heated to keep the bread warm. Good quality, just a little high priced. The Chicken Caesar Salad was average. We had better cheese dressing and better salad for less money. The quality of the Tuna was very good. It came with a raw vegetable mixed salad with good tasting dressing. A lot Wasabi at the side and the Soya like Asian sauce made it perfect. Only, the fish portion was quite small for that price. I know, they call it an appetizer, but it's priced like a full Entree.
After lunch, we ordered two double Espresso which had a strange taste when we tried them. Therefore, I can not suggest to have some Espresso there. Save your money.
When we received our bill, we learned to our surprise that the two glasses of wine did not cost us the expected 9,-$ each as seen on the menu card. Only 4,50$ have been charged and we found that was a fair price.
In general, we have mixed feelings. The food quality ranged from medium to good, the interior is nice, no loud noise or music, the service could improve but the prices are too high. Finally, we tried it but we'll not go again.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Heinz-D-Schulze
MIAMI
“Nice salads”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Pricey for lunch but list of salad and sandwich choices.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank MIAMISHEILA
Naples, Florida
“A real disappointment!”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I have been to Stonewood Tavern and Grill on other occasions and although the food is good but not great we've enjoyed our meal. Our recent visit was not a good experience. We had a reservation for 7:15. When we arrived, we were told that our table was not ready and there would be a 10 or 15 minute wait. Thirty minutes later when I inquired about our table, we were told that they weren't sure how much longer it would be. My question was: Why make a reservation if it is not going to be honored? I was told by the girls at the front that it wasn't their fault. They were not pleasant . When they suggested we sit in the bar area, I refused. A few minutes later, the manager proceeded to sit us in the bar area. I ended up walking out. I am a year round resident of Naples and I realize that this is the season and restaurants are busy but they should also be prepared for the crowds. If you can't honor a reservation then don't put a sign outside that says: "Why wait. Make a reservation." I will remember this experience during the summer months when the restaurant is "much less busy." I will never eat at this restaurant again - too much competition in Naples to put up with mediocrity.

Visited February 2012