“Service was slow”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Had dinner yesterday (Tue) eve at 6 pm. Not especially busy. Service very slow. Food OK but rolls could have been warmer.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have always been dubious about going into the Red Lobster for some reason. I haven't been able to be brave and try it (since 1997).

Well, we went in today...

We opened the door and the smell was horrible. It smelt like wet carpet. The waitress said "won't be a moment". I looked around and there was duct tape holding down a bit of carpet. There were people in there eating, but I just couldn't stomach it. I had visions of the kitchen being very unclean (I am probably wrong, but the impression of the place is disgusting).

We found the waitress and made our excuses and left.

I can't believe people actually sit in there and eat.

YUK, YUK, YUK.

The Owners need to shut it down and fix it up.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Restaurant was a mess during refurbishment and food was average. We Would not return to it. The entire areas needs improvement.

1  Thank Wendy R
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I frequented the Red Lobster on US 41 in Naples, Florida. We were promptly welcomed by the Hostess on duty and sat quickly. Our server was a bit slow in getting to our table, but from that point on was very timely and accomodating. Our entree choices arrived perhaps a bit longer than we would have wanted, but when they did it was worth the extra time. (Now let me get totally real about the wait. I worked and managed in the restaurant industry for several years and I am well aware the 5 minutes feel more like 20 when you are very hungry.) Now back to the food. My wife ordered the Stuffed Flounder with Crab Meat, she said it was excellent. Two nicely sized flounder filets amply stuffed with real crab. I had the Admirals Platter which consisted of bay scallops, clam strips, shrimp, and a nicely sized filet of a very mild local fish. All of the entrees come with choice of salad or cole slaw , and choice of potato. I requested to substitute broccoli for french fries which was no problem at all. The cost of the dinners and four glasses of wine was very reasonable. I highly recommend this establishment to anyone seeking a quality dinner while in Naples.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

This was my first visit to this chain and it left me very impressed,the food was excellent I tried the lobster and was priced reasonably.The service was very good especially by our server Jeff who was great.