“TERRIBLE!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Had dinner tonight with 5 friends. Restaurant had great reviews but I mean to tell you it was AWEFUL! I sent back the chicken parm.. Dry and crunchy and one of my dinner mates sent back the eggplant parm. Her replacement was edible. It rather tasteless. The green beans had no taste.
We live here year long and we will never go back. The manager TRIED to charge me $12.95 for a very small side pasta. She took my meal off the bill. The server actually complained to me about her tip (which was generous considering the service!)

Reviewed March 5, 2014

If you're looking for a quiet place to grab a beer and a pizza, this is it. Nothing special, but decent, friendly service and very good (thin crust) pizza. Unlike most Naples restaurants in season, you can actually get in this place and get service. I suggest the bar area that is "first come, first served".

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Di Julio's isn't trendy, fancy or hip. However, it's been there for 30 years, which is very rare for Naples.

It's a little old-fashioned hole-in-the-wall, a perfect neighborhood joint. The decor has only recently been updated from the 80s and the location is out of the way, but the food is basic and good. The prices are phenomenal and the service is perfectly adequate.

2  Thank Patricia C
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We have been fans of Di Julio's for a number of years. The classic atmosphere and the wide variety on the menu keeps us coming back for more. We visit about once a month if possible...it is a favorite of all our friends too. We have a favorite server that anticipates our every need. His name is Peter. The quality and quantity of the food is always consistent and delicious. I usually leave carrying a package called a "doggy bag"...but even if we had a dog...he/she would never see my leftovers...
If an authentic Italian old world meal is what you crave...Di Julio's will exceed your expectations. The hours are limited but the enjoyment is endless!

1  Thank Helen P
Reviewed August 25, 2013

A group of friends recently went to DiJulio's - not the first time for most.
The food is decent.
However, the waitress made a mistake on the bill, over charging for a wrong entree - quite a difference in price. When this was brought to her attention - she continued arguing with my companion for quite some time - insisting she, the waitress, had it right. After numerous stares from other patrons - she brought over her manager - who continued to argue in favor of the waitress - even though the entree ordered and eaten was not what was charged.
The manager whipped the 'doggie bag' off the table and went to the kitchen to 'examine' it's contents!!!!
What kind of service is this?????

Eventually the bill was corrected to the correct entree.

Not going back. NOT EVER. Nor will my family. Nor will the families of our 6 companions.

We have Campiello, Bellini, Vergini, Naples on the Bay, Pazzo, Olive Garden and numerous other italian restaurants within 5 miles of DiJulio's. We'll be heading elsewhere for sure.

2  Thank Scubach