“A very nice surprise......”
Review of HB's on the Gulf

HB's on the Gulf
Ranked #261 of 996 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2012

See my review of the hotel, it includes HB's review. I was told that they are going to tear it down soon and make another restaurant....hope they stick with Chef Leo.....he is awesome.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

My wife and I decided that we wanted to dine outdoors by the ocean for our anniversary dinner so we could hopefully enjoy a beautiful sunset. But then, we decide we want to dine outdoors most of the time anyway. Nature did not disappoint us! Our table was virtually on the beach! There was a boardwalk separating our dining area from the beach itself. The weather was perfect and then some! The ocean breeze was intoxicating. Now about the food. Our waitress was prompt, knowledgeable about the menu, and friendly. Out food was delivered faster than I expected and with perfect timing from one course to the next. We both thought our selections were prepared very good and tasty. I gave HB's 3 stars for value because you can get better food for the money. BUT, and this is HUGE, if I included the beachfront setting then the value changes to 5 stars! Just be prepared to spend $100+ per couple, but also be prepared to spend an unforgettable dining experience with the amazing Naples gulf sunset as a guest at your table!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

HB's honored our request to cook up a grouper we caught on a deep sea charter. The chef prepared 2 distinct appetizers and it was the highlight of our trip! The dinners we ordered were also delicious. Service was great, and we got a complementary ($40) bottle of wine since we were staying on the property.

Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Naples has surprisingly few beachfront dining options so for that fact alone, I highly recommend HB's bc the view is gorgeous & dining with the sunset, with waves rolling in as a soundtrack is so memorable. The food was good but not great. I felt it looked better than it tasted, as it was fairly bland. However, portions were large. I wouldn't recommend the Sangria - really awful but it's, to me, not a deal-breaker.
Absolutely go for the view & the ambience. Take lots of pics & enjoy. Then go someplace else the next night for better food :-)

Reviewed July 26, 2012

HB came very highly recommended and it did not disappoint. Had the curry grouper and chicken and it was outstanding. Fish was very fresh and the portion was huge. Dined at 7:30, watched the sunset with the wife, walked on the beach, and listened to live music at the bar next door afterwards. Location couldn't have been any better. Right on the beach. Gotta try this one while in Naples.