“Great Meal and great atmosphere”
Review of KC American Bistro

KC American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
KC American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #149 of 989 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: US 41
Lexington, Kentucky
“Great Meal and great atmosphere”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The food was awesome and the orchids at the tables were a nice touch. I was very impressed by the food and the way it was prepared. The server was attentive and was always close by to be able to help with any request.

• Visited September 2013

Naples, Florida
“Exceptional food presentation with attentive service--my "go-to" restaurant in Naples”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

After two years of living a stone's throw from this restaurant, I finally went, two months ago, and had an exceptionally wonderful dinner...and have been back two more times since and plan to go next week as well. The atmosphere is quiet, serene and tasteful. The servers are knowledgeable and attentive. The menu items were so enticing that I had a difficult time selecting...but, each time, I have started with the date appetizer and it is wonderful. It may very well be their signature appetizer!
Being a Florida resident for 15 yrs, it may sound surprising to read that I, only recently, tried my FIRST grouper at KC Bistro on my first visit there. It was perfectly prepared and delicious. I ordered it again on my second visit...just as good...and, ordered it again on my third visit but was told it was not available that evening, because the chef did not think the grouper was fresh enough when he shopped for the restaurant that day. It gave me an opportunity to try another dinner selection, and I was just as satisfied. I was also impressed to hear that the chef takes such meticulous care in selecting the daily menu items.
Wine selections are good and, whenever I have vacillated on selecting between two different wines by the glass, the servers have offered, without hesitation, to bring a taste of both wines to help me choose.
I have avoided glancing at the dessert menu due to my weight loss efforts, so I cannot comment on them.
Do go and experience this wonderful restaurant with its menu of American regional dishes. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
Naples, Florida
“A fantastic restaurant”
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for something special for my 100th review. I decided on KC American Bistro and I'm glad we did.
As you enter the restaurant you are greeted with subdued candle lit elegance and orchids at the tables and surrounding areas.

We started off by sharing with two appetizers: the Maryland Crab Cake
With Green Apple Salad Saffron Aioli and the Hawaiian Luau ribs with Hoisin Barbeque and Cucumber Namasu. Both were fantastic.

I ordered the Zinfandel braised short ribs with whipped Cauliflower and Pepper Greens, Steamed Baby Carrots and Peas with Veal Glaze. Tender and moist, what short ribs should be.
My wife ordered the Ritz Cracker Seared Black Grouper
with Thyme Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Fresh Corn and Napa Cabbage Slaw with KC’s Tartar Sauce. The grouper was perfectly cooked.

A fantastic meal. One of our top five restaurants in Naples.

I was a little disappointed I didn’t get to tell the chef in person how much we enjoyed our meals.

• Visited July 2013
manchester
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The name conjures up (to a Brit) hotdogs and burgers and waffles and fast food. What a mistake; the food is wonderful. Beautifully presented and prepared. The ambience is good and the service excellent. We had the crab cake and the Grouper/Halibut for mains. Everything was as good as we have tasted anywhere. This is a must-visit place.

Visited July 2013
“Wow, just Wow!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

This place is unassuming because of its location, but one inside you will forget where you are. Food was great, try the Ribs appetizer! Service was attentive but not over bearing. Great place! I still can't believe how good the food was. I ordered the Bison Filet and it was one of the best steaks I can remember having in a long time.

• Visited July 2013