“beautifull setting”

Baleen Naples
Ranked #34 of 992 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: BALEENnaples - famously known for exquisite fine dining, is the signature restaurant of Noble House Hotels & Resorts, Baleen. The numerous accolades and awards for the South Florida dining at Baleen of LaPlaya have come from such well know publications as the coveted Conde Nast Traveler Gold List and the Great Hotels ranking of Travel + Leisure. Most recently, Baleen was awarded Wine Spectators Award of Excellence - Pleasing to the palate and the eye alike, Baleen Naples mixes Old Florida charm with elegant candlelit elegance. Beautiful chandeliers and soft mahogany furnishings set the tone for an elegant dining experience. Baleen spills out through the grand doors to our breathtaking terrace with tables overlooking the sweeping beach and ends with a collection of tables for cocktails in the sand next to the fire pit. Whether seated in an indoor epicurean enclave or a barefoot beach table, visitors can indulge in three daily seating's at Baleen Naples with options including a breakfast menu with a Gulf Coast twist on traditional favorites. With exceptional entrees and an extensive selection of wines the dinner menu is filled with local ingredients and beautifully composed dishes. For the guest looking for light fare enjoy our bar menu in the cocktail section with an array of seafood selections as well as sandwiches and appetizers. The intimate beach fire pit and Baleen Bar feature a fantastic wine-by-the-glass program, as well as extensive list of martinis and classic cocktails. If Florida seafood restaurants with beautiful waterfront dining views appeal to you, Baleen, Naples will more than fill the bill. The Baleen menu selections may also be enjoyed from the comfort of your guestroom, served to you by our excellent LaPlaya Room Service staff. For the ultimate dining experience please inquire about our over the top private dinners on the beach.
Reviewed May 3, 2014

food was great, as well as the service. My husband loved the lobster risotto. Great place for sunset.

Joe B, Manager at Baleen Naples, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Hi Nancy,

Thank you so much for the kind words! We're extremely pleased that you and your husband enjoyed yourselves, and we can't wait to share your wonderful review with the team.

Joe Britz | Baleen Restaurant Manager

There are newer reviews for Baleen Naples

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Excellent service - Ioana and her colleagues were very friendly and refreshingly welcoming of children! Menu provides plenty of options at reasonable pieces - we can highly recommend the crab cake starter, blackened tuna main and apple/blueberry crumble for dessert. Portions were just right - not too large! Wine list is simply vast - albeit biased to the pricier end - we very much enjoyed nonetheless.

Joe B, Manager at Baleen Naples, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Hi Neil,

Thank you so much for recognizing Ioana and the rest of our staff's attention to detail! We strive to provide exceptionally friendly, attentive and family oriented service. Chef Carlos will be thrilled that you enjoyed your dinner and highlighted some of our menu items! We're truly blessed to have the support of such wonderful locals like yourself and look forward to the opportunity to serve you and your family again!

Joe Britz | Baleen Restaurant Manager

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I am always a bit hesitant about hotel restaurants but was encouraged by the good reviews on this place. We ate there once for breakfast, and dinner on our final night.

Breakfast was average at best. Dinner was very good but could have been better. After dinner was the worst part.

The a la carte breakfast is so expensive we opted for the buffet at $23/head. It was pretty average. The home made waffles were dry, the french toast pedestrian and the rest of the food typical breakfast buffet food. It wasn't bad by any means, it just wasn't good.

Dinner - we had exceptional service, and the view was great. The food was again, average. My wife had the flat iron steak, and while even I get annoyed she likes it medium well, this piece of meat was so well done even she commented on it. I had the seared scallops. The flavors were good. They were only seared on one side. They were a bit gray to me all the way through. The accompanying items, along with the scallops, were all the same mushy consistency. It needed something on the plate with different texture.

The kicker to the entire night was after dinner at the bar. The bartender had a bit of a chip on his shoulder. I want to say his name was Alex. He was the taller of the 2 bartenders working that night (thursday the 17th) and seemed to be the more senior one.

With 3 people at the bar (all locals) and no one obviously watching the baseball game on TV (except maybe Alex) I asked to watch the Rangers - Flyers playoff game. Bartender kind of huffed and told me he didn't get the game there. When I pointed out it was on CNBC he reluctantly put it on without saying anything. When he realized it was in between periods he changed it back to baseball. Instead of checking back on the game for me he decided to wait for me to ask again. Then never acknowledged what I said and just changed it.

When I asked him for a drink he didn't even acknowledge me. I had no idea he even heard me. He did make it, slid it in front of me and didn't say a word. Why is this guy working at the hotel?

You would think that with all the wine he was drinking he would have been a bit friendlier. Oh, did I not mention that? One of the locals bought a bottle of wine and was sharing it with him. Nice of the local but "service professional" needs to remember what type of job he works in.

Joe B, Manager at Baleen Naples, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Good afternoon,

Firstly, we'd like to express our gratitude for sharing your experience, and allowing us the opportunity to correct the behavior that led to your frustration. Please accept our apologies with respect to your bar experience, and rest assured, we have every intention of using your review to motivate our service team. We take pride in the fact that our service team's culture is rooted in gracious, friendly and attentive service, and we couldn't be more dissapointed in the outcome of your experience with us. We'll do our very best to ensure this kind of behavior doesn't effect our guests in the future.

Respectfully,

Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Let me just say that the view was just wonderful and I enjoyed the lobster bisque soup. Everything else lacked flavor. My mom and i the flounder and my husband had the signature snapper. Both were tasteless. I feel I could have prepared both fish drunk & blindfolded and would have done a better job. Drinks were great and our apricot tarts were ok. If this dinner didn't cost over $290 I would not be so critical, but for $290, for 4 people it better be the best dinner in Naples

Joe B, Manager at Baleen Naples, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Good evening,

We were so sorry to read you and your guests didn’t enjoy themselves! We’re an extremely passionate team, and had you brought your issues to a manager’s attention, we would have strived to quickly recover your dining experience. For us, nothing’s worse than when a guest of ours leave unhappy. We absolutely understand your frustration and wish we’d had the opportunity to make things right.

Please accept our apologies.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

This was our second visit. First time the restaurant was slower ( off season) service and attention was excellent. So for a special occasion we picked Baleen again. Dinner at sunset was beautiful all the food was delicious even the valet were attentive.

Hi Candi

What a sweet review! Thank you so much for choosing to dine with us again! It’s a wonderful feeling when our guests enjoy themselves so much, they come back with friends and family. We’re tremendously honored by your review and extremely gracious that you took the time to write it! We’re looking forward to the opportunity to serve you and your guests again.

Take care,