“Outstanding Seafood”

Ranked #129 of 1,005 Restaurants in Naples
Neighborhood: North Naples
Neighborhood: North Naples
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Steamers is absolutely a must when in Naples. The seafood is fresh and nicely prepared. Their clam chowder is wonderful, but their seafood chowder is outstanding. We have tried several of their menu items, but our favorite is the baked scrod. We like that you can eat "healthy" or spluge with a mix of both fries and onion rings (delicious!). The staff is friendly, and the service is good. The only negative is the wait that occurs when the "Snow Birds" arrive. I wish they were open on Sundays.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Great little seafood restaurant in a strip shopping center. Very busy with what appeared to be locals. Had great Maine lobster rolls and wonderful onion rings. All menu items were reasonably priced...would definited go back!!

1  Thank Brenda P
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

We happened upon this little gem after shopping at Bed Bath and Beyond on Airport Pulling. It is around the corner in the same plaza. New England clam chowder was the best I have found here. Lunch portion of grouper was awesome with a wonderful light lemon white sauce and 2 sides. We will be back!

1  Thank Renee W
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Venue
The restaurant is located in a strip mall-type place, so it's not very large. Since it's a pretty popular joint, we had wait for maybe 15 minutes to be seated. At this point, I noticed how cramped the restaurant was. It seemed like the waitstaff were practically on top of each other. Plus, with that many people, it's very loud. It made me feel a bit claustrophobic. They really ought to remove some of the tables, or at least configure them differently.

The restaurant is tastefully decorated and clean. I didn't visit the restrooms, so I can't comment on those.

I ordered the large grilled salmon with a baked potato (price: $18), which included a salad. The salad was fine; no complaints there. When the entree showed up, I was shocked. The "large" salmon was maybe 6 or 8 oz...it was basically just a sliver of what I would call a filet. (I would hate to see the "small" salmon!) It tasted ok, but I suspected it had probably been frozen. I've had much better (and larger!) salmon at restaurants hundreds of miles from the ocean, so I was surprised. Again, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't that good, either. The baked potato was very overcooked and pretty much dessicated. I really had to work at it with my fork to make it edible.

I should point out that the other members of my party were quite happy with their meals. The fried clam strips are supposed to be pretty tasty, as was the lobster. I guess I just chose the wrong entree.

Once we sat down, the waitress took our drink orders fairly quickly. After she took our meal orders, we didn't see her again until she brought the check. So, I couldn't ask for a new potato or anything. A drink refill would've been nice, at least.

Bonus: One of the people who works there looks like Camilla Parker-Bowles.

Conclusion
I can't believe these people are charging so much for such crappy food! I could've made my dinner for about half the cost and had it come out much, much better. It boggles the mind that this restaurant is jam-packed night after night. Needless to say, I will *not* be returning to Steamers on my next visit to Naples.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Based on the earlier reviews, my wife and I decided to search this place out and give it a try. We followed one writer's suggestion to arrive before 6 PM to avoid standing in line, and that was an excellent tip. We got to the restaurant at 5:45 and, although the tables were mostly occupied, we were seated right away. When we were finishing up at 6:30, there was a long line of people waiting for at table. I had the chowder (good, but not really up to New England standards) and the lobster roll, which was practically all lobster meat, the best I have ever had. My wife had the chowder(same review) and fried haddock, which she liked. The restaurant sits at one end of a strip mall, with seating inside or on the mall sidewalk next to the parked cars. We chose outside, and were quite happy. For those who need it, there are heaters near the tables.

1  Thank ADGrantley