“Stone Crab Claws!”

Kelly's Fish House Dining Room
Ranked #378 of 989 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Kelly's Fish House Dining Room has been a tradition since 1953 and is proud to be the oldest seafood restaurant in Naples. Their food is simply prepared and great tasting. This family-owned restaurant is directly beside the Gordon River Bridge, cozily nestled on the east bank, an easy drive from anywhere in town. The casual Old Florida interior with warm cypress walls, knotty pine ceiling and many local commercial fishing artifacts give you a nice down-home feeling. The huge windows afford a great view of the Gordon River. You'll want to try Capt. Hooch's Sand Bar Lounge. This is the perfect place to be on a balmy evening, while enjoying the gentle breezes and watching the boats. Local fishermen tie their boats next to the Combs Fish Company building, the last working fish house in Naples.
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Stone Crab Claws!”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I'm a Las Vegas resident and Florida Stone Crab lover, and have the "flown in from Florida on Friday" Stone Crab claws every Friday in season at the Flame Restaurant at the El Cortez Hotel & Casino (for $28 with a free bottle of Mondavi wine!). I was anxious to try them fresh from the boat in Florida again. We'd tried to get in Truluck's and found they're booked as usual. My friends, who live in Naples, found Kelly's Seafood. When we arrived, our waiter told us they had just one order of Jumbo Stone Crab claws left, and bolted to the kitchen to "put my name on them." They were fresh, delicious, good sized, and wonderful. Price was $47. The lady at our table ordered the smaller medium claws for a lower price, ($28 maybe?), and got more, but smaller claws. She also raved "dee-licous." Nice place. Not fancy, but great fresh local seafood with nice dock views. Home made salad dressings a nice unusual touch.

Kansas City, Missouri, USA
“Stone Crabs”
Reviewed January 28, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Kelly's is normally the place to get the best Stone Crabs in Naples, FL but the last 2 times not so much! Very disappointing but I have not given up. Will go back again for one more try.

Visited January 2014
Naples, Florida
“Disappointment”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I have never written a review of a restaurant before. Kelly's came highly recommended to us so we thought it would be a good place to take our out-of-town guests. What a disappointment! The absolute worst clam chowder ever. The grilled fish had no taste. The fried seafood platter and cole slaw were marginal. Most disappointing were the large crab claws. They did not taste fresh.
Unlike some of the other reviews I have read....I found nothing charming about Kelly's. It was very expensive for such poor food. Naples has too many other wonderful places to eat.

4 Thank Sue4232
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Fresh Fish”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Met another couple there for dinner on a Monday night. Property is across from Tin City but a much better eating establishment. Service was good although it seemed that our waitress was always rushed. She was nice but you had to be quick if you wanted something when she stopped by to check on us. (at the end of dinner she stopped by to check to see if we wanted dessert. She mentioned Key Lime Pie, I raised my hand and asked if anyone else wanted any, they shook their heads and she hurried off. I didn't get my Key Lime Pie. :-( )
At our table there was Stone Crab, Salmon and a plate of Scallops, oysters, shrimp and a small lobster tail plus a steak. I didn't here any complaints so I assume everyone else enjoyed their food as much as I did.
A lot of the other customers at Kelly's all seemed to know the staff so I'm assuming they're locals. That's always a good sign.
If we're in the area again and looking for fresh fish I'm sure we'll stop in.

London, Canada
“Graet Seafood, best Oysters on half shell anywhere”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We have been reavelling in the naples area for a few days every year.
We always plann to go to Kelly's (only open for dinner).
I particularly want to get the oysters on the half shell.
I have travelled a lot and have yet to find any better.
The other seafood is also very fresh and good.
Go hungry as the portions are generous.