“Tired but True”

Ranked #384 of 990 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Kelly's Fish House Dining Room has been a tradition since 1953 and is proud to be the oldest seafood restaurant in Naples. Their food is simply prepared and great tasting. This family-owned restaurant is directly beside the Gordon River Bridge, cozily nestled on the east bank, an easy drive from anywhere in town. The casual Old Florida interior with warm cypress walls, knotty pine ceiling and many local commercial fishing artifacts give you a nice down-home feeling. The huge windows afford a great view of the Gordon River. You'll want to try Capt. Hooch's Sand Bar Lounge. This is the perfect place to be on a balmy evening, while enjoying the gentle breezes and watching the boats. Local fishermen tie their boats next to the Combs Fish Company building, the last working fish house in Naples.
“Tired but True”
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Read previous reviews but thought we would chance it. Went Friday night about 7:30 pm. Seated immediately with a waitress who remembered us from two years ago. Party of five tried 3 shrimp dishes, the scallops and a burger. All agreed that the food was good but not great. Service was good. Prices were higher than over at Tin City for the same type meal. Would go again for the atmosphere and the quiet dinner time. Better than the screaming kids and loud drunks across the causeway.

• Visited April 2013

nottingham
“A let down”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Kelly's was recommended by several people we spoke to in Naples and we were really looking forward to our meal here. We waited about half an hour for a table which was no problem once we had our drinks from the bar but this took a while. The service in the restaurant was good, it was the dishes which were a let down.My husband had a prawn and tomato dish which he said was no different to one I cook at home (with cheap frozen prawns and tinned tomatoes.) I had a broiled fish which was tasteless. We would have settled for simple fish and chips but these seemed to be available only on the children's menu which was a shame. Overall not a restaurant we would revisit.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank maryellenNottingham
CT
“Might be the oldest restaurant but ...”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Just because Kelly's has been around as long as the city dock doesn't mean they can't improve. My wife wanted to go there for the Stone Crabs because she heard they were the best. Hmm..., turns out they were as good as anywhere else but not better. Now the price? Oh, they beat the rest for sure! Hands down ... Think pricey might mean good then you'll love Kelly's. I enjoyed a seafood medley that was equally good but way over priced to comparable restaurants. Nice slaw salad was excellent as was the fresh warm bread. Cocktails and wine selections were average but also overpriced. The one thing we didn't get for our money was service. I had finished but wife was still working on the Stone Crabs (Those who have had them know it's a job getting the delicate meat out out of the porcelain like shells) when a waiter reached around me to clear my plate. I said, "Thanks, but leave the plate till my wife is finished." The busboy goes, "It's OK, I'll get hers later when she's finished and you can look at a dessert menu." Takes my plate anyway! Needless to say my wife felt rushed and I sat there looking and feeling ridiculous. We didn't stay for dessert, paid the inflated bill and left. Yes, the food is good but we won't be back. Go elsewhere for the same at a lower price and better service. Kelly's won't mind as they are quite busy getting people in and out.

Cape Coral, Florida
“Fresh seafood, ok service”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The seafood was definitely fresh and yummy. I found the menu subpar, nothing that you won't be able to find elsewhere. Things seemed overpriced and the service wasn't great. The atmosphere was lively and the view is wonderful! I would definitely try another seafood restaurant in the area before returning though.

• Visited February 2013
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Terrible Service”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The atmosphere and food really showed up the service. Our waitress was not attentive and definitely not involved with our experience at the restaurant. She was spacey and did not seem to care about our night. Come to find out after we left the restaurant she was smoking outside the whole time.

• Visited March 2013