“Aggressive Waitress”

Le Lafayette French Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Lafayette French Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #194 of 989 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Naples
Description: Le Lafayette French Restaurant a purveyor of real french traditional cuisine since 2001. Family owned and operated For the past 16 years, customers at Le Lafayette have felt at home That's because everyone who walks through the doors is immediately greeted like family. We are known throughout Naples for our elegant style, hard work and ability to make customers feel acknowledge . Recently renovated and expanded to include a light and contemporary outside bar, the restaurant is attracting clientele of all ages. "From the coq au vin and duck a l'orange to the crepes Suzette, we are traditional. You come for the whole French experience.
Naples, Florida
“Aggressive Waitress”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We recently decided to try this restaurant as an alternative to our favorite French restaurant and decided to do so as they were having a three course menu for $23.95 pp which made it affordable to treat a party of 7. From the moment we walked in, the waitress was upselling and pushing us to buy up. She talked several of us into margaritas as being very special there (NOT) and even when two of the guests said no, she kept at them until they relinquished and ordered them. When she passed out the menus I asked her about the special and she really avoided discussing it and barely acknowledged that they offered it. She knew we were there for the special and did not mention the fantastic options on the specials but proceeded to push the dover sole ($46) and other items and when asked about the 3 course special, told us portions were small and encouraged us to get starters to fill in - we added 2 starters and that turned out to be totally overkill! She tried and succeeded in upselling the wine off the special (a bottle of wine comes with the special split between 2 people). It went on and on...it was embarrassing to host our guests there. If a restaurant offers a special, they should welcome you to try their restaurant and enjoy rather than downplay its existence and tell you the negatives of it (portions, wine offerings) . Once served, the portions were fine, the food was very good and had that been our experience from the beginning, I think everyone would have wanted to return. Now, no one at our table wants to go back because of the constant upselling and aggressive server...too bad.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank 1SunshineSeeker
napleslelafayette, Owner at Le Lafayette French Restaurant, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear 1SunshineSeeker,

I would like to start by saying thanks very much for your honest review, both the complimentary parts and the constructive parts.

I take a great deal of pride in my restaurant and I'm very glad to read that you enjoyed my food.

Thank you as well for bringing this to my attention. The experience you had is absolutely foreign to the way i want my restaurant to run. I very carefully put together this menu to be a great value for my returning customers and a wonderful first experience for my new ones.

I have taken necessary steps to ensure that my entire staff understands that this will be the last time any of my customers is put under that kind of pressure.

I would like you to have a second taste of my restaurant, please contact me through this account and I will invite you and a guest to enjoy the 3 course dinner on me, free of charge.
I will, with very strict personal attention, make sure your next dinner here is delivered with a more harmonious performance.

Kind Regards,
Chef Sebastien

Montreal, Canada
“Authentic French restaurant in lovely setting”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

On quiet 13th street the newly renovated LaFayette restaurant has tripled in size with a great terrace. It features an authentic French culinary menu with exquisite dishes that are always reliably succulent. Frog legs and rack of baby veal are our favorites. Many other traditional fares are available such as French Onion soup, escargots and a variety of freshly caught fish. The owners and hosts are from Toulouse and very cordial. There are off season, Sunday brunch and early bird specials that are worth the detour. The elevated terrace is private while affording great views of this quaint shopping street. Parking is never a problem while the restaurants patrons from a block away have to fight for a spot. Definitely a culinary landmark not to be missed for residents and visitors alike.

• Visited March 2012
“You can miss this one”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Service was very slow, we waited over an hour for our food. Didn't seem like there was much of a rush or sense of urgency from anyone. We had made a reservation and they didn't have it down. I don't recommend

Visited September 2012
Dear Michael D,

Thank you for your review. Can you please provide some more detail?
I cannot imagine how your food would have taken over an hour from the time you ordered during one of our lowest months of the year.

It makes sense that your reservation may not have been marked down on a slow evening. If we are having a light seating we only mark reservations which need special accommodation or have special requests.

Please do elaborate on your experience though. I cannot fix a problem without some information about it.

Kindly,
Chef Sebastien
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Thanks to Chef Sebastien and his gracious staff our party enjoyed a most memorable meal in his restaurant Le Lafayette. From the fresh split pea soup to the frogs legs to the beef stew our party of 7loved our food, service and had enjoyable conversation with the Chef. The ambiance is elegant, yet comfy ! the decor is well kept, immaculate and I am looking forward to dining outside on the patio, next time around. Thank you for a wonderful dinner.

• Visited November 2012
Naples, Florida
“A little taste of Provence in Naples”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Looking like an elegant Bistro with indoor/outdoor seating and crisp white tablecloths, this is a not to be missed spot especially if you like escargots, frogs legs and sweetbreads! The quality is excellent, Sebastian the chef owner is both very competent and gracious, and the service is very good. Be prepared to pay handsomely for your fare but quality never comes cheap!

• Visited October 2012