“Excellent fish and chips”

Gulf Coast Grouper & Chips
Ranked #37 of 986 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery
Neighborhood: Old Naples
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Excellent fish and chips”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We went in August in the middle of a week in Naples. We are from the UK and so know soccer, funny and fish and chips. The restaurant is in a strip mall and so not the most salubrious of places but it was packed inside and so felt very lively. The food was truly excellent and the server let me have the grouper split between blackened and fried. I liked it so much I bought a T-shirt. This was my sons favourite meal of a two week holiday in Florida. I would recommend the shrimp and grouper fried mix!

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Stewartwwalton

FL
“Ambience, no, Great Food, yes”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

If you're looking for a candlelight or seaside setting, this isn't it. But if you just want a great seafood meal for a reasonable price with friendly service, you've hit the jackpot! My husband had their famous grouper sandwich and fries - and now we know why it's famous! I had the snapper special topped with capers & lemon sauce - yum, yum, yum! Their julienned vegetable medley was steamed just right (not soggy). He relished the key lime pie and I had the rich chocolate mousse. (They'll even put the mousse on top of a piece of pie if you want!) Wait staff very friendly & helpful. Would definitely come again. Especially enjoyed that we were supporting a mom & pop place and not a chain.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank InHisGrip
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Will avoid next trip”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I had the fried grouper sandwich and the fish was stuck to the bottom bun. The fish tasted strong but i did not say anything. Don't know for sure it had anything to do with it but i had the runs for two days after this meal. We ate on the front porch in front of a business with a for rent sign in the window.... lets just say the atmosphere was less than memorable for the price paid

• Visited July 2014
Naples, Florida
“Great Small Restaurant”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Grouper and Chips is a great LOCAL restaurant, opened for lunch and dinner.
We've been eating here for 20 years and NEVER had average food. It has
always been fresh and tasty. Big plus is they are quick, friendly and CHEAP!!
I love to order out from them too. My favs are: the Salmon Special, or the Linguini
Special. They have great fried Grouper of course. Enjoy the very casual atmosphere.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Bellakarmen
Salisbury
“Dinner”
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Quaint and delicious. We had the linguini with blackened mahi. Huge amount of food and tasted wonderful. Key lime pie was also excellent. Highly recommend this place.

1 Thank Tbugs6