“Met my expectations and then some...”

Gulf Coast Grouper & Chips
Ranked #33 of 1,012 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Neighborhood: Old Naples
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Found it on yelp. Read the reviews. The people that said good things were right. Unassuming, not fancy, great quality food. Not expensive. Highly recommend this place.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

This is purely a small 'chippie' at the end of a row of store fronts - 8 small tables inside and a few out front.
Staff couldn't be more pleasant and accommodating, fish is fresh and cooked to order. Fairly short menu but .... it's a chippie!
Can certainly understand why it's so popular and will make it a regular cheap(ish) meal when in town.
It gets 5 stars not because this is haute cuisine but because they provide what they set out to very well.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We decided to eat at Gulf Coast Grouper based on reviews here on Trip Advisor. We ate on a Sunday night, during Spring Break at 7:00-ish. There were 3 of us. It IS in a strip mall, but we weren't there for ambiance, we were there for good grouper. We were seated right away, and other reviewers are correct when they say the restaurant is small. It seats about 20 people. We were greeted right away and told to sit where we liked. Drinks were served right away, and the server overheard me ask my dining partners if they wanted the hush puppies and she said she'd pit in an order right away. They were served in about 7 minutes. They were on the smallish side and there were 10 in the order. They were served with a not-too-spicy chipotle mayo. I thought the puppies were a bit overdone, but my dining partners liked them. For our entrees, I ordered the 2 piece grouper basket. It came with fries (meh) and a 1/4 c. size of coleslaw (also, meh). The grouper, however was perfectly fried. It was crispy and not mushy like a lot fried fish can be. One of my dining partners also ordered the grouper basket and gave it a thumbs up, and the third member of my group ordered the fish tacos and said they were very good. If you like grouper, I'd definitely try Gulf Coast Grouper.

1  Thank Sprtyfan
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Was there Monday night place was packed. Very tiny felt like someone from the other table was gonna pick of my plate . I don't know about diamond on the rough but fish was fresh service ... Not so good I little more attention would have been more pleasant . Bathrooms kinda smelly

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I love, love, love seafood and have been eating grouper for years. My grandfather used to go deep sea fishing and we used to dine on fresh grouper! Well, this restaurant puts my grandfather to shame! The grouper is absolutely amazing. We had grilled grouper. The tarter sauce was amazing (although unnecessary because the fish is delicious on its own). The french fries were yummy and the cole slaw was perfect. We also sampled the New England clam chowder which was the best I have ever had! Save room for the key lime pie! It was so good that I cannot wait to return. As my husband said this place is uber good:-)

1  Thank xboox