“OMG!!! Diamond in the rough!”

Gulf Coast Grouper & Chips
Ranked #29 of 992 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Neighborhood: Old Naples
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I love, love, love seafood and have been eating grouper for years. My grandfather used to go deep sea fishing and we used to dine on fresh grouper! Well, this restaurant puts my grandfather to shame! The grouper is absolutely amazing. We had grilled grouper. The tarter sauce was amazing (although unnecessary because the fish is delicious on its own). The french fries were yummy and the cole slaw was perfect. We also sampled the New England clam chowder which was the best I have ever had! Save room for the key lime pie! It was so good that I cannot wait to return. As my husband said this place is uber good:-)

1  Thank xboox
There are newer reviews for Gulf Coast Grouper & Chips

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

This place is indeed a hole in the wall in a nondescript strip mall, but don't let that dissuade you. The food here is fantastic. The grouper is some of the best I've ever had. The service is great; they are welcoming, warm and attentive.

1  Thank travelfoodie4823927
Reviewed March 22, 2014

If you want super-fresh seafood at a locals favorite, you must try this place! It's tiny, only has about 10 tables and is cramped in a get-to-know-your-neighbor kind of way but the fresh seafood is amazing and the service is great! I had the grouper sandwich, one of the best I've ever had. The tartar sauce is excellent and so is the coleslaw, two things I always hope for but don't always get with a fish sandwich. We will definitely go back every time we're in Naples.

1  Thank Julia V
Reviewed March 22, 2014

This little store-front is a favorite of locals. It is always busy because the food is always good. Priced right and providing really hot, fresh and delicious grouper dishes it is a great lunch or dinner stop.

It is down home service with down home cooking just past snooty 5th Avenue.

The salads are great too. None the less - you need to try the grouper.

1  Thank Al Y
Reviewed March 18, 2014

A great find!
While Grouper & Chips is essentially just a counter and tables, it has great food. And seems to be very popular and busy. I had a wonderful pasta, and my wife had the grouper and fries. Both were excellent, and huge portions. The woman at the neighboring table (so close together that we couldn't help but notice) had broiled grouper, which looked really good and my wife said she'd go for next time.

Not fine dining but just plain old great food. What's not to like.

1  Thank KV-MKE