“Considering the price - excellent!”

Gulf Coast Grouper & Chips
Ranked #31 of 989 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Neighborhood: Old Naples
Naples, Florida
“Considering the price - excellent!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

A local told us about this place, and what a find! The location and decor are nothing special, the beer and wine come in plastic cups, it usually crowded and there is a waiting line (I doubt they take reservations), the outdoor seating is practically in the parking lot, but the food is really very good and reasonably priced.

Visited January 2013

Fort Myers, Florida
“Excellent, fresh fish prepared perfectly- a wonderful meal overall!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We visited the beautiful Naples beaches and decided to stop for a bite to eat on our way home. We previously read good reviews about this little "hole-in-the wall" restaurant, but it surpassed everything we read. From the minute we sat down at 4:30 PM (just missed the luncheon portions) until the time we walked out the door, we were made to feel welcome and completely at home. My husband had the fried Grouper & Chips and I had the special of the day- Yellow Tail Snapper topped with three blackened shrimp. It was easily one of the best fish dishes I've ever eaten. Prepared perfectly and served with an ample portion of white rice and a large medley of steamed and julienned vegetables, the fish was succulent and melt-in-your-mouth tender. It was prepared with a very light batter and the unbelievably tasty lemon sauce was served on the side at my request. The veggies were cooked to perfection. The service was excellent and the servers were very friendly. Seafood being our favorite, we've eaten at many seafood restaurants. My husband rated the fried Grouper & Chips the BEST he has ever had. House wine is a little pricey at $5.95 for a small glass. Although the meal prices are not inexpensive, they are fair for the quality of food. This place rivals some of the finest and very expensive eating places in Naples. The restaurant is conveniently located on Tamiami Trail (Rt 41) North of 5th Avenue on the East side of the road. Previous ratings had it mapped incorrectly!

• Visited January 2013
“Great fish and chips”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

If your looking for super casual dining experience and love fresh grouper, you will enjoy Gulf Coast Grouper & Chips. Service was prompt and friendly. My son and I shared a 3 piece grouper and chips. I also had a Caesar salad. The salad was tasty but super garlicky. You can order the basket fried, blackened, sautéed or grilled. The fried was good but next time I will try the grouper sautéed. The fish was fresh......and inexpensive.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great food, if you want great fish at a good price then stop by!!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

I came by this place by mistake and so happy I stopped by. The food was GREAT it does have a hole in wall feel to it but the people are great along with the food. They truely care about you enjoying the food. So if you would like a nice very nice stop to get some fish and chips please stop here your stomach will be happy!!!

Lakeland, Florida
“excellant conch fritters”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Ordered the conch fritters and they were by far the best that I have had. Also had the grouper sandwich basket (had my grouped blackened). Finally, a place that knows how to blacken fish (last place that I had blackened was in Hilton head in 94). Staff there was friendly. Dive is located on Tamiami Trail (41) in a little shopping plaza. Small inside with about 10 tables (could be wrong) and a few tables outside.

• Visited December 2012