“A Must Eat!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery
Neighborhood: Old Naples
Reviewed February 8, 2012

If you are staying in Naples or passing through you must stop here for the grouper sandwich. I have had grouper sandwiches all over Florida and this is by far the best! Most flavorful, perfectly cooked and melted in my mouth. My wife ordered the Mahi fish tacos they were also pretty awesome, one of the best I have ever tasted too. The restaurant is very small only 5 or so tables inside and a few outdoors in front. But who needs atmosphere when the food is that good. Also our waitress was super friendly and gave us great service.

There are newer reviews for Gulf Coast Grouper & Chips

Reviewed February 2, 2012

....but be careful because you just might miss it if you drive by too fast. Great litte place that gets really crowded and the reason is the quality and freshness of the food...awesome. We felt "lucky" when we managed to get the last table..and even luckier when our grouper sandwiches arrived!! Great food, great prices, great service. Wish I lived here so I could go there more often.

Reviewed January 28, 2012

When you are looking for this restaurant, keep your eyes open for a large sign in a small strip mall "GROUPER & CHIPS" near the Simply Cupcake shop. Very simple outside and inside, but you won't find better fried grouper anywhere, and at reasonable prices.

The coating was delicious, light and crispy - did not hold any grease. They fry in canola oil which keeps the flavor light. The grouper was plump, fresh and cooked perfectly; moist and flaky inside. Back to that crispy coating...the texture and seasoning so perfect, I think they could dip cardboard in it, fry it up and it would still be delicious!!

The french fries were average but the grouper was so wonderful it didn't matter too much. However, it did occur to me that this grouper with handcut salt and pepper fries would have been a home run!

We had the New England seafood chowder and the Caribbean seafood soup along with Conch fritters to start. The Caribbean soup was excellent; spicy and flavorful.
The chowder was average; short on the clams, mostly potato. Nicely seasoned on both counts. The conch fritters were phenomenal, do not know where or when I've had better. Packed with conch, fried golden brown and crispy.

We ate here on a Saturday afternoon so getting a table was no problem. They were already doing a good take-out business with a steady stream of happy customers in and out. The waitstaff ladies were very friendly, by the way.

When I order fish and chips in my future travels, Grouper & Chips has set the bar for all comparisons!

1  Thank MrVesuvius
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Best place for fresh fish- blackened or friend grouper sandwich is the best around. A small, locals place. Nothing fancy. Just great food.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

Our friend Paul insisted that we spend our Naples lunch at Grouper & Chips. It is a different sort of place. All four of us feasted on the Grouper & Chips, and those who like fish and fries were well pleased. Next time I would try something else of the memu. There are only two tables for four, so be prepared to wait in a drafty hall with a cup of coffee