“Not bad”

Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Moorings
Neighborhood: Moorings
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Place was empty but sushi was good. Service was a pass but nothing special. Overall I would say I would give it another chance.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Many times at Fujiyama but first trip to the Sushi Club. My friend and I sat at the sushi bar with our teenage sons. Sushi was fresh and nori was crisp. My son wanted a custom roll and the server gave us a form to circle choices. He did so but instead of getting a 'custom combination' he wound up with three separate rolls. Sever did not explain the process to us; she just handed us the paper! Actually, his three rolls were delicious and mine was wonderful. I spent almost $50 with tip just for this appetizer ( we were waiting or a table Fujiyama .). Service was sooooo slow but like I said we were waiting to have a hibachi dinner. Don't go with the expectation of getting out quickly. I really enjoyed the food and it was nice to see the sushi chefs work their magic. The menu has a nice selection. Will come back with husband for dinner.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

The place is freezing! Tag a sweater along if you are deciding to have dinner here.

The food was average, I have had better sushi in Naples.

A bit overdone and overpriced for what you are really getting.

1  Thank AnnelieBreugem
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Club Sushi has a new chef manager. So as you might expect things have changed. As a faithful fan of club sushi, their chefs, the bartenders and servers for over a decade here is my analysis. The food portion is noticeably smaller. However the quality is better, I was told the fish is now strictly fresh. Granted I seldom ever had a problem with quality the product we were served was excellent. The bill seemed a higher than usual. I have heard that so many regular patrons are not happy with the changes.

I prefer quality to quantity. I can tell the staff in uncomfortable because of the complaints from most of the regulars. I loved the place before as I could take my entire family. With the reduced portions and increased costs, I may have to limit my frequency and not bring the kids.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Have been coming to Club Sushi for a decade and always loved it. Rep was very nice people, reasonable price, substantial portions and very fresh. You would never confuse them with an avant-garde establishment but very ok with that.

Recently, went in to pick up our normal Friday nite take-out for wife and myself. Got home and absolutely astounded at what we found. The portions have literally been cut by 1/2 to 2/3 and if that was not bad enough, the spicy tuna was virtually inedible. Dry, bad tasting and looked like someone made it in 30 seconds. Yuck! Sorry to say but they've lost my decade long business because of a very poor business decision. It may not affect the seasonal 1-and-done customers but when there's only us in the middle of summer, we're remembering what happened in March of 2013. Sad.

2  Thank NaplesLocal