“Ristorante Ciao - a hidden little gem” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ristorante Ciao

Ristorante Ciao
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Ciao is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #253 of 979 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Old Naples
Cross street: US 41 (Tamiami Trail)
Lancaster, Pa.
“Ristorante Ciao - a hidden little gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

My wife and I ate at this small, hidden restaurant for the 3rd year in a row and were very pleased once again. This runs contrary to some of the other reviews I have seen on TA.

First of all the restaurant is on 4th St. South so just 1 block north of Naples very busy and packed 5th St. South. This tells you the wait will not be as horrendous. However, we made a 7:30 rezzy and the Ciao was packed.

We were immediately greeted and attended to. Wait service staff was very good to us from start to finish. We both had Tomatoe Bisque soup which was excellent. My wife had lemon sole which she loved and I had Veal Milanese which was very good also.

There wine list was deep and wide so we found a reasonably priced bottle of Avigonesi Vino Mobile which was perfect with our meal.

Bottom line is give this restaurant a chance, it really is quaint and off the beaten bath which is not a bad thing in crowded old Naples. Ciao TA friends!

O

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank LancasterTraveler

Wilmington, Delaware
“Homemade pasta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

I hesitated to make reservations based on other reviews but thought I would like to give it a try and I am happy we did. The food was well prepared, the service good and the atmosphere very nice. The portions were large and the appetizers were wonderful. I would make one recommendation and that is to add a few more wine choices to the extensive selection that were under $50.00. We will definitely return again.

Visited March 2012
Shrewsbury, Ma
“Plenty of empty tables- for good reason.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

On Friday night at 7 o'clock we called around looking for upscale Italian food. Of the three top end restaurants in Naples, the first two had waiting times of over an hour. Ciao had plenty of empty tables. As it turned out there was a good reason for that- lousy service and lousy food.
My wife got squash ravioli which was tasty. I got the veal parm which was chewy- so chewy I could not eat it. My wife sampled a piece and had the same reaction. The pasta which came with the veal was covered in a bland tomato sauce which tasted like it came from a jar. We waited for the server to stop by and ask 'how is everything? but the server didn't show up until the end of the meal. I held up the plate with the uneaten meal. The server was about to take it away without a comment, so I told him why I was unhappy with it. Then he took it away without saying anything and brought the bill. I was charged full price.

No wonder people would rather wait over an hour than go to Ciao's. Next time I'll do the same.

• Visited February 2012
Naples FLA
“Pricey and just good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

Went to Ciao - losts of wait staff - but just okay attentiveness
Food was good - not great for the prices they charge
Would not put Ciao on the return list - too many other great restaurants especially at these prices

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“Oh Dear”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

You'd think Italian food in the USA would be astounding but it has been adapted to suit the American palate at the expensive of anyone else's! All the tomato based sauces taste identical. Same tin I presume. Home cooked is hardly that in my opinion. 4 of us dined and we tried various dishes. I tried them all and can't remember which one I liked the least. Lacked any atmosphere and could do with redecorating and being brought into the 21st century. I give this one a miss.

Visited January 2012