“Quality Maintained”

Ridgway Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Ridgway Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #161 of 986 Restaurants in Naples
Cross street: 13th Avenue south
London
“Quality Maintained”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We have used this restaurant many times over the last 15 years. It has always been a huge pleasure to revisit and the standards are as high as ever for both lunch and dinner. The cuisine is very strong on fish and seafood and often delights with thoughtful presentation. Please try the crab and avocado tower for a starter. Truly delicious. I then tried their coq au vin which was so impressive I had to have it again 4 days later. The food is backed up by a thoughtful wine list with numerous excellent items to try.
The service is timely and unobtrusive and the relaxed atmosphere permeates the whole operation. It is a well run business and deserves its undoubted success.

Hinsdale, Illinois
“Nice Night Out in Naples”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We are visiting friends on Marco Island for a break from the Chicago weather and had a group of six. We chose Ridgway for dinner as we were hosting and were not disappointed. We didn't know it, but all four of our snow bird friends had dined there. We all had fish, including grouper, salmon and crab, and all enjoyed our meals. Recommend the lightly blackened preparation. Our server was very attentive and helpful with recommendations. Ask to sit on the indoor porch. You have a great view of the outdoor patio with beautiful flowers and lights, with a little fresh air through the door. The apple tart with cinnamon gelato was a great dessert choice!

Aruba
“A nice change of pace”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been here twice in the last two weeks. Both times the food was great. The stone crab appetizer is reasonably priced and delicious . I like the hot towels after you create your mess.the pork belly appetizer was tasty but a little dry. I had the snapper and was totally satisfied. The male server was a bit of a challenge and not on top of his game. The young female waitress was unbelievably attentive. We had grouper also at our table and it was prepared great. I recommend Ridgway for a nice night out.

Visited March 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“We have decided...Guess what”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have been here three times for dinner and each time they did not make us happy and it was always the service which made the food either cold or we were so upset we didn't enjoy the meal. It is on my boycott list...So we decided to go back just to have drinks. We had a great time so I am convinced they can serve drinks but not food. We told our bartender of our prior experiences and she said try it again but after reading the reviews below I would say...STAY AWAY!!!! until people post great experiences...they will probably stay in business but not with my money

Cleveland, Ohio
“Long Menu=Not great at any one item and just mediocre at all the rest.”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Firstly, the outdoor Garden area is beautiful for evening dining with lights strung in trees and heat lamps available for guest's comfort. The patio area is equally beautiful and is reminiscent of century-lost charm. The restaurant is quaint and is located near a number of boutiques, so it makes a nice evening in Naples if you shop before or after eating.

However, the food is disappointing. I knew there was a risk before I went. The menu was so lengthy (I checked it out early) that I speculated that the restaurant was probably not good at making any one special dish, but was probably good at making a lot of mediocre dishes. Yet, I still tried it. I realize that there is a markup for food in ritzy areas, and I take that into account when writing the review. This review is about quality for price. It cost our party of six $700 for two chicken dishes, two vegetable plates, a spaghetti, and tuna. Yes, there was wine involved. But, as a family, we order wine often, so the sticker shock resulted from the mediocre food. For $26, the vegetable plate came with (1) half a small onion from a sack you find at the grocery store. It was just halved and grilled for a few minutes without seasoning. It was crisp and whatever the chef's aim (being modern?) was lost on me. The plate also came with (2) unseasoned, blanched green beans. That's it. I can make them taste better at home, and there is a lot that one can do with green beans. The plate was accompanied with (3) two thin strips of (again) unseasoned eggplant that was tough and probably not quite cooked through. And finally, (4) a goat cheese tart that had barely any goat cheese. The entire concept of the meal was lost on me. I've ordered vegetable platters elsewhere and I didn't think this combination or technique worked. My dinner guests had little else to add except that they all believed that they probably ordered the wrong menu item since nothing stood out.