“The best Chilean Sea Bass I have ever eaten!”
Review of Bistro 821

Bistro 821
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro 821 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 992 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Old Naples
Cross street: 8th Street
Description: 2016 Is Bistro 821's 22nd year in business. All these years we have prided ourselves as being the Small Locally Owned Bistro on 5th Ave South. Friendly service, excellent food and a great atmosphere are our specialties. Don't Miss the Miso Saki Sea Bass or Thai Spiced Snapper if you Like Fish, or The Ribeye Steak or Pot Roast for the Meat and Potato lovers.
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Truly the most incredible dinner I had in a long time! The mussels were outstanding in a wonderful spinach, tomato, garlic sauce. The Chilean Sea Bass was truly amazing. The glaze was crystalized with a slightly sweet taste that was not to overpowering, but complimented the perfectly cooked sea bass. John, our water, was exceptional -- very helpful in the selection of the meals and had great recommendations for wine! Ask for him -- he was amazing! I will drive from Bonita Springs regularly to eat at Bistro 821 again! My only regret is that I did not have room for dessert!

3  Thank wildivycreations
There are newer reviews for Bistro 821

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Let's start with the good....

We dined here this past Saturday for my birthday. We both ordered the miso sea bass and it was excellent. Another reviewer mentioned to try the mushroom risotto and I did not like it at all. It was extremely greasy and siting in a pool of grease which was just not appealing. I would stick with the mashed potatoes included with the sea bass.The restaurant is a nice place with a nice ambiance.

The not so good.....

The service was just okay and not up to standard for a restaurant charging their kind of pricing. After we got our meals the server disappeared and we were left siting with dirty plates after we ate for a good 10 minutes before he finally came by to check on us.

The very bad......

Since it was my birthday my boyfriend wanted to make it special and called ahead to let them know it was a birthday celebration. We were running late and he called several times to let them know but no one answered. When we did arrive he pulled the hostess to the side and told her again it was my birthday and wanted them to surprise me with a dessert. She said no problem and confirmed where we were siting.

We ate and next thing we know the waiter is bringing the bill. At this point my boyfriend was extremely upset as the surprise was ruined and the hostess did not tell the waiter as she had promised. When we left he told her that she had dropped the ball and instead of apologizing she started making excuses and saying that it had been a very long day. Again, not the level of customer service expected at a fine dining restaurant. A simple I'm sorry and please let me do something to make up for this would have been the correct way to handle the situation. She ruined my birthday celebration and I would not dine here again after the customer service we received. It seems this place is only fine dining when it comes to the food quality and the pricing, the overall service leaves much to be desired and the staff needs major customer service training.

Jesse H, Owner at Bistro 821, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

I think the conclusion that the management and staff in our dining room are bad is erroneous.
Their are always two sides to a problem, We are sorry you didn't get the table you requested.
It was decorated and ready for you at the time of your reservation. I don't know how we could have missed your calls, we also attempted to call you as well. We did our best once you arrived.
The idea that my manager didn't try to apologize and take care of you is just not true.

The mushroom risotto sounds like it missed the mark. For that I apologize. It is not something we
have many problems with.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

The food at Bistro 821 is worthy of 5 stars. My starter was the Crispy Ahi Roll. This was done to perfection. The flavors exploded in my mouth. My main course was the pick 3 combo. I chose the Filet Mignon, Lobster Tail and Jumbo Prawns. I chose wisely. Each option was delicious. The Filet was as tender as can be. The Lobster was cooked just right and very buttery in flavor. The Prawns were very large and very sweet. Each dish was awesome. For dessert the Vanilla Crème Brule was also outstanding. The only reason I am only giving 4 starts and not 5 was related to our server on this night. Although he started strong he seemed to be upset with the need to serve a fairly large group and by the time it got to coffee he was not pleasant at all. Maybe it is because as a large group our gratuity was automatically added to the bill. He might be better served to not be a server.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We went based on the reviews and was so glad we did. We had the wine and dine special ( not big wine drinkers so they let us have ice tea instead :-) the wait staff was the best around, educated on the menu as well as spot on with refills etc.... Highly recommend the miso sea bass , it melts in your mouth wow! The only disappointment was the instant mash potatoes. Maybe most people cant tell but I can and with how amazingly fresh everything else was this was an over sight on their part. ( in my option) They do have a gluten free menu with lots of options which does include the wine and dine as well as dessert. This is truly one of the best places we have eaten in Naples, we will be back.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is our go to on 5th ave. so. alone or when entertaining guest. Best service and excellent food. Can't go worng with their wine and dine special. You can cut the filet with a fork and my wife says the fish and musscles are to die for. Enjoy you won't be disappointed. Nicest people work there.

2  Thank joseph f