“20 years and counting”
Review of Bistro 821

Bistro 821
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro 821 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 998 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Old Naples
Cross street: 8th Street
Description: 2016 Is Bistro 821's 22nd year in business. All these years we have prided ourselves as being the Small Locally Owned Bistro on 5th Ave South. Friendly service, excellent food and a great atmosphere are our specialties. Don't Miss the Miso Saki Sea Bass or Thai Spiced Snapper if you Like Fish, or The Ribeye Steak or Pot Roast for the Meat and Potato lovers.
Reviewed March 16, 2014

My revie number 3, I think, the lambchop was outstanding, in a new sauce creation from Jesse, light, the goatcheese cake was very tasty, could use a bit if a brush with butter, but still very tasty, the restaurant was like always in the season very bussy, keep it up, congratulation 20 years of excellence, Billy! Jesse!

2  Thank axel34467

Reviewed March 15, 2014

This is one of our favorite places in Naples. Been going here for several years. The food is always excellent and the service is top notch. This is a top 5 for us in Naples. Do not miss a chance to dine here.

3  Thank sledhead36
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We came early on a Monday evening with an out-of town couple and did not have a reservation. The restaurant was quite crowded, even at 5:30. We were able to be seated inside, as requested, however. The 4-top table was a bit busy with wine and water glasses and a setting in the middle. it didn't seem quite as large as some 4-tops in other restaurants. The waitress came over after a few minutes to get our drink orders and gave us time to ponder over the menu. I ordered the paella, my wife orders a chicken dish with artichokes and asparagus on risotto. The other couple ordered a pork chop and shrimp with pasta, respectively. Neither of my friends commented on their dish. The pork chop had a maple glaze and was a little too pink in spots (the waitress never asked how he liked it done). My wife commented on how few artichokes and asparagus was with her dish and that it was overly salty Conversely, my paella dish had too little seafood and way too many vegetables with it. It tasted fine, but was a disappointment.
We may try this restaurant one more time, but they need to do a better job on the food if they want to retain us as customers.

1  Thank Buddysdad0507
Jesse H, Owner at Bistro 821, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

I am sorry you and your party were not happy with your experience. As the chef who prepared the Paella and the Pork Chop himself, I apologize that you were not happy. The Kurobuta Pork Chop is such a high quality product that I send it out as it just becomes cooked thru. It looks like I missed the mark slightly. I wish I had been given a chance to address the problem. Mistakes happen and we always do our best to correct the problem ASAP. The reason we don't ask for a specific temperature is that the vast majority of people want it cooked thru and juicy, not overcooked. When someone does want their chop cooked medium rare or completely Charred we are happy to do that. We have found over the years people are more comfortable ordering pork without a Specific Temperature.
The Paella has a generous portion of Clams, Mussels, Shrimp, Bay Scallops and Slices of
Sea Bass, and Sole. I am very surprised to hear your complaint. Again, I wish I was given a chance to fix the problem. Happy customers is what we are about and when their is a problem
we will do our best to fix it.

sorry you were disappointed :(

We hope you will come back and give us another chance

Reviewed March 7, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal We went for the "early bird" special. We loved the food, snapper and sea bass, but felt a little rushed. We will certainly go back but not for the early bird menu although it is quite extensive for the special price. A nice dining experience.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

We met up with several other couples for dinner at Bistro 821 and had a very good meal. There were 10 of us and everyone was happy with their meals. The wait staff managed to get everyone's meal right and the service was seamless. The bar scene was also fairly active that night and the restaurant was busy, which is a good sign. We will go back next year if we get to Naples.